Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Council House/Apartment Exchange?

Options
  • 17-06-2018 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Is it possible that 2 council tenants in different areas of the country e.g. Galway and Dublin, can agree to swap their accommodation with each other?

I know of a teacher who did a job swap across counties, so our lovely public servants can do whatever suits them, I guess the ordinary plebs can't!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Connacht15 wrote: »
    Is it possible that 2 council tenants in different areas of the country e.g. Galway and Dublin, can agree to swap their accommodation with each other?

I know of a teacher who did a job swap across counties, so our lovely public servants can do whatever suits them, I guess the ordinary plebs can't!

Highly unlikely.

I don't see what a job swap has to do with a housing swap or the public services.

After all the house you're looking to swap has been provided to you by this public service. The ordinary plebs you speak of pay their own way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

There used to be small ads in the evening papers seeking such transfers. It was a matter of finding someone to swap and then approaching the respective LAs. Most were happy to approve.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s possible, but I’m not 10% positive on the exact requirements.
    You may have to swap between 2 people within the same local authority so as the 2 people are from the same list so to speak but best to speak to your respective LA about it.

Also, might not be a wise thing calling the people who govern and administer the exact service you rely on plebs (Public Servants).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

I honestly don’t not know how you can say you have more of a right than a hard working teacher when as others have said. They would pay their way for wherever you want to live while you get it for free or seriously discounted. When you get something cheap. They always expect more and more and more..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

It’s possible. Initiate with relevant Local Authority.

• Advertisement
Advertisement