Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a grey partridge in Malahide?

Options
  • 17-06-2018 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi everyone. About 15 minutes ago (so about 21.30) I saw an unusual bird (for here) in my garden. (I'm in Malahide, Co Dublin.) My immediate thought was, OMG it's a francolin!?! Then, are there even francolins in Ireland? Hmmm. I googled Francolin Ireland and all that came up was grey partridge. I think the bird did look remarkably similar to a grey partridge by memory, though sadly I didn't get a photo before it walked off. It had a fairly upright walk with a pigeon's head bob.

Grey partridge sightings seem mighty rare and are supposedly local to County Offaly. What's a similar bird that I could possibly have seen...? Perhaps a female pheasant?

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement