Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal issue for online abuse

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

gunny123 wrote: »
    What the gardai said ? I think the problem is, once its on the web, its on the web. Removing it from fakebook will only do so much.

Garda aid the same thing even though my page was private. Now I'm not worried at all about it. But my other half is. Now we've al been the end of threats from antis etc etc. But she doesn't know that it's all fluff from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

They're trying to draw you out hoping you'd make some sort of threat back w/firearm

gctest50 wrote: »
    They're trying to draw you out hoping you'd make some sort of threat back w/firearm

I know. Some gob****e on it said The Garda won't be happy with me shooting in a built up area. He actually assumes I hunt In a housing estate. This is how stupid they are

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

I find it funny these people would lay down their lives to save a mangy old rat but when it comes to other humans well your life and that of your family is expendable.
    You really do have to wonder at the mindset of some people.

Those loopers wouldn't accept stuff like this either, they'd make out the baby antagonised the fox :

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/376892/Mother-kicks-fox-as-it-drags-baby-through-house

Denny Dolan was asleep in his cot when a fox sneaked into the house and pounced, apparently dragging the boy from his cot and towards the back door.

His horrified mother Hayley Cawley, 28, heard screams and ran in to see her son’s hand lodged “halfway down the throat” of the fox, which also bit little Denny’s face.

Stunned Ms Cawley kicked the animal off her baby and then it fled from the house in Bromley, south-east London

• Advertisement

solarwinds wrote: »
    I find it funny these people would lay down their lives to save a mangy old rat but when it comes to other humans well your life and that of your family is expendable.
    You really do have to wonder at the mindset of some people.

Well said. These types of clowns are willing to try and tell these other idiots to let's go get this bastard for killing innocent animals etc but they won't question where their Burger came from etc.
    Any advice on trying to calm down the missus over it. She thinks they'll actually do something about it to Me or the family. We all know they'll find another person to try bully in a day or two on Facebook. Another hunter more likely but she thinks they'll do something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

These people and I include anti-gun nutjobs in this are seriously mentally unstable. They promote non-violence and peaceful protest in all things,but then their posts belie their murderous psychopathic tendencies, in threats to the persons property,self or family and wishing they did have access to guns to shoot the person putting them out of sorts.

I'm convinced these liberal fascist types want gun bans is simply because they believe everyone is like them in their thinking process,so therefore they recognise they are unstable mentally and incapable of owning a gun without being an utter danger to themselves as well as others.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Well said. These types of clowns are willing to try and tell these other idiots to let's go get this bastard for killing innocent animals etc but they won't question where their Burger came from etc.
    Any advice on trying to calm down the missus over it. She thinks they'll actually do something about it to Me or the family. We all know they'll find another person to try bully in a day or two on Facebook. Another hunter more likely but she thinks they'll do something.

Keep reassuring her that its those with the biggest gobs do the least fighting and they are all piss&wind because if they were serious, they wouldn't be blathering on Fakebook.
    YOU,OTOH,to be sure to be sure, have a discreet look at your own personal security and routines.No need to go all paranoid, just up your awareness levels and vary routines.Just even doing stuff like that can put off potential attacks.Just in case.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Personally if it was me I would report the matter to the guards, including everything up to date.
    I would not engage with them at all i would not even acknowledge their existence. All they want is to provoke you into action of some kind so they can turn around and say see we told ya so.
    In time they will get bored and move on to some other victim if they see they are having no effect.
    At the end of the day they are bullies who have over inflated notions of their own self importance. And if confronted like all bullies they go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

If they don't know your exact address, you're pretty safe.

These types will do nothing. Saw a pack of them protesting in the back end of nowhere a couple of years ago, I was the only person driving by.

Having grown up in a rough area myself, where a few of the people I knew as a kid went on to become lifers, from the look of them the sabs I saw would run if anything were to kick off.

Plus, the ones in the UK are fond of taking assault cases against hunt stewards, so they're hardly ballsy types who can look after themselves in a scrap.

Yes, i know they can be sneaky, but there was a huge animal testing facility in the West of Ireland up until a few months ago and it was never touched.

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Keep reassuring her that its those with the biggest gobs do the least fighting and they are all piss&wind because if they were serious, they wouldn't be blathering on Fakebook.
    YOU,OTOH,to be sure to be sure, have a discreet look at your own personal security and routines.No need to go all paranoid, just up your awareness levels and vary routines.Just even doing stuff like that can put off potential attacks.Just in case.

Well as I told herself I'm ready if anything should happen. Not trying to be hard butthey involved my children. That's where I draw the line. Entitled to defend my home. Obviously not wi H my firearms. But I will use whatever I grab a hold of first. But as you said they're all talk. I don't care about them. Just hard to reassure the other half that she's gonna be ok.

solarwinds wrote: »
    Personally if it was me I would report the matter to the guards, including everything up to date.
    I would not engage with them at all i would not even acknowledge their existence. All they want is to provoke you into action of some kind so they can turn around and say see we told ya so.
    In time they will get bored and move on to some other victim if they see they are having no effect.
    At the end of the day they are bullies who have over inflated notions of their own self importance. And if confronted like all bullies they go away.

I went to the Garda already. They said they'd contact me tomorrow about it concerning my children but told me to report them all on Facebook anyway. But they're going to deal with the death threats themselves. I had one fella say he'd love to slice me throat ear to ear. I told them to name a time and place and as usual he responds with being a tough guy with no balls to name a location.

Any advice on trying to calm down the missus over it. She thinks they'll actually do something about it to Me or the family.

They won't do anything, they know you can find out who they are

And it's better for it to be "all out in the open"

yubabill wrote: »

If they don't know your exact address, you're pretty safe.

These types will do nothing. Saw a pack of them protesting in the back end of nowhere a couple of years ago, I was the only person driving by.

Having grown up in a rough area myself, where a few of the people I knew as a kid went on to become lifers, from the look of them the sabs I saw would run if anything were to kick off.

Plus, the ones in the UK are fond of taking assault cases against hunt stewards, so they're hardly ballsy types who can look after themselves in a scrap.

Yes, i know they can be sneaky, but there was a huge animal testing facility in the West of Ireland up until a few months ago and it was never touched.

Facilities are still there but they would have to leave the safety of their computer screens to do anything and that would be to much like work.

I went to the Garda already. They said they'd contact me tomorrow about it concerning my children but told me to report them all on Facebook anyway. But they're going to deal with the death threats themselves. I had one fella say he'd love to slice me throat ear to ear. I told them to name a time and place and as usual he responds with being a tough guy with no balls to name a location.

Did he make that on FB?? That's his account closed if FB monitoring does their job.:rolleyes:
    It would be FB gold if you could show up at HIS door with a video and introduce yourself to his parents, wife, kids as the bloke your husband.son, the father wants to cut his throat for being a hunter. So here I am...Have you got some plastic for the carpets and furniture, as it might get messy?:D

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

Did he make that on FB?? That's his account closed if FB monitoring does their job.:rolleyes:

Find out if he did it on work time on a work computer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Don’t engage with them anymore dodder.dont respond to them in anyway.starve them of the attention they crave and they will punch themselves out and move on to someone else.
    They are lie about bums with nothing better for doing then annoying innocent people.
    Report everything to the guards but don’t in any way react to the bums.if you do they are already winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

gctest50 wrote: »
    Find out if he did it on work time on a work computer

The only work most of them bums do is collect “entitlements” in the post office and spend the rest of the week watching what other people are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

Dodder, if you're in a situation, I'm offering to get to your house day or night.

I'm leaving the offer open, so pm me and I'll send my number.

No firearms, no weapons but I will help.

yubabill wrote: »
    Dodder, if you're in a situation, I'm offering to get to your house day or night.

I'm leaving the offer open, so pm me and I'll send my number.

No firearms, no weapons but I will help.

Thanks mate. I'll pm you later on. I'm just in a course right now for work. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭.243

Get up every morning open Facebook and if they are still there hit the report button,once in the morning and once in the evening,and keep doing it every day till they are removed,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,833 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Your wife has nothing to fear. They’re bullies and cowards, like all bullies, they’re backed up by a crowd of craven yes men and avid supporters.

This is online distance bullying.. the home of the true coward that hides behind brick walls, counties, countries and their keyboards.

If one of them was your neighbour they’d sheet themselves if you found out it was them.

They don’t know where you live and if they did they’d be to lazy to rock up.

So I haven't responded to anything on that page. They seem to have turned their attention onto other people lately. I do know my picture was shared to 235 pages for animal rescues and other hunting banning sites but a lot are dying down. They'll always turn their attention onto someone else. Trolls just aren't happy unless their crying about someone. They say it's so cruel that we hunt and kill etc yet they think it's acceptable to hope someone dies in a house fire with their children in the house.

When will the madness end.

Hopefully in the next apocalypse when all the anti-gun idiots and anti-hunting clowns die off thru sheer idiocy and starvation or out protesting to give zombies equal transgender rights.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement