Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for things or places to go with a 9 month old?

• 18-06-2018 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for some ideas on things I should do with my 9 month old at the weekends as a family. I know they are still young at 9 mths but would be nice to do things as a family.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

At 9 months old, do whatever you want to do .... soon enough you'll need to tailor your activities to your baby / toddler; right now, they don't mind one bit as long as they're with you! Anything outdoors is great in this weather - a picnic, go to the beach, sit on the grass in a park. When our eldest was 9 months old, we had a lovely 10 day holiday in an apartment in France - that was really our last holiday for us. Since then we've had two more kids (I was pregnant while we were in France), and from then on things needed to be tailored to them much more. But on that holiday we went for lunches, went for walks, went for dinner (trying unsuccessfully to get the baby to sleep walking to the restaurant with him in the buggy - he always slept on the way, and woke when we arrived!). Soon enough you might want to be doing more toddler oriented things ... for now, keep it simple and do what you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Justsmile1

I never thought about it like that that makes sense!! Thanks for the advice, at 9 months they don't need much so may as well just enjoy couple time before we have to continuously entertain a toddler ;) I should really just appreciate this stage. Thanks again :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Really do, before you have to spemd hours standing around playgrounds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Justsmile1

shesty wrote: »
    Really do, before you have to spemd hours standing around playgrounds!!

So true!! ;)

Advertisement