Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Keenan88

Got the invite today , was a long time waiting but worth it , oom 468 June 17

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ducky30

Keenan88 wrote: »
    Got the invite today , was a long time waiting but worth it , oom 468 June 17

Congratulations mate well done

Is it only today that they are sending out offers for the second time or does anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Alkar24

Well done pal see you down there

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Very strange that only 2 people shared that they've got an offer .... on monday appointments said that my aplication is in commisioner office for a final decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

Hey guys
    anyone who got an offer for October there is a whatsapp group, if yer interested forward on your numbers on PM

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Ok well for anyone who didnt read back to the first offers there is a whats app group i have set up and added everyone that pmd me there numbers so for those of you that didnt see it or got offers today come join us nutters in the group chat🀙 just pm me your number and that you got an offer.

Adios.

Crowlers wrote: »
    Hey guys
    anyone who got an offer for October there is a whatsapp group, if yer interested forward on your numbers on PM

Lol 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

I'm 600s from September 2016 so you're not the only one.

Hey Leeroy. So you're still waiting too then. I checked back in my emails and it was February when they started saying this final check bollox to me. I don't know what to do about this. I didn't want to go down the road of getting someone to start investigating what the story is because I thought that might damage my chances but I have to now I think. I get the feeling from this whole process that we are just numbers to them and they don't really give a **** about us. What to do man?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Hey Leeroy. So you're still waiting too then. I checked back in my emails and it was February when they started saying this final check bollox to me. I don't know what to do about this. I didn't want to go down the road of getting someone to start investigating what the story is because I thought that might damage my chances but I have to now I think. I get the feeling from this whole process that we are just numbers to them and they don't really give a **** about us. What to do man?

Hey red dragon im in the same boat, 600's from September 16 as well. When I saw ppl were ringing up last week and been told there signed off I said I would ring. I was informed that they were still waiting on vetting. Now I had it out with the woman in the phone as I have previously spoke to her boss and have alot of emails saying my vetting was back and awaiting sign off from senior management. Not only this I had my local td contact them in relation to the same and he also has emails stating all there was left to do was sign the file off. I if I was you would contact your local government official and ask them to make contact on your behave. The process is farsical and doesn't look like changing anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Loopie2

SO7378 wrote: »
    Ok well for anyone who didnt read back to the first offers there is a whats app group i have set up and added everyone that pmd me there numbers so for those of you that didnt see it or got offers today come join us nutters in the group chat🀙 just pm me your number and that you got an offer.

Adios.

Hi just wondering, can you tell me if many people got offers yesterday ( since your organising the WhatsApp group). I'm just finding it difficult to gauge, since only 2 people posted they got offers yesterday. I know many people quietly observe this page, but I just thought If 100 offers were sent out yesterday that more people would of posted offers recieved!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nowlan95

Very frustrating not to get an offer when you see people that are much higher in the OOM getting offers , I'm 66 in OOM from 2017 and still no offer , pct done since April.

Nowlan95 wrote: »
    Very frustrating not to get an offer when you see people that are much higher in the OOM getting offers , I'm 66 in OOM from 2017 and still no offer , pct done since April.

yeah I know it's very frustrating I called HRM on Tuesday and got speaking to a very helpful guy he told me once you have done your locals the rest is done by external agencies and that's where the hold up is its frustrating on them too he said because they have to tell people who ring still vetting outstanding but it doesn't tell them at what stage its at he said the system is awful. How true this is now I am not sure. I guess its a painful waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Did you ever live abroad or have family living abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Lads, for anyone that is waiting on offers, you’ll see people saying they’ve got their offer in ones or 2’s. That’s because people have opted for deferring or declined their offer and they’re trying to fill the first induction week so the next n line gets an offer. The second round of offers for the second Induction week normally come out 2 weeks after round 1. So be patient, you could just have another week to wait. Best of luck to everyone. Word of advice... keep up your fitness!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

kerryman85 wrote: »
    Lads, for anyone that is waiting on offers, you’ll see people saying they’ve got their offer in ones or 2’s. That’s because people have opted for deferring or declined their offer and they’re trying to fill the first induction week so the next n line gets an offer. The second round of offers for the second Induction week normally come out 2 weeks after round 1. So be patient, you could just have another week to wait. Best of luck to everyone. Word of advice... keep up your fitness!!

Cheers for the info mate but I think the two that said they received the offers said they received them for the second induction week so week one must be full?

Did you ever live abroad or have family living abroad?

Yeah I've 3 relatives in the UK and that's what's holding up my vetting apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Cheers for the info mate but I think the two that said they received the offers said they received them for the second induction week so week one must be full?

I don't think it's an absolute must that there exactly 100 in each induction wk

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

In July intake some people were contacted on the beginning of July so there is still hope for us. Dont believe Hrm cause monday they said my aplication is in commisioner office amd Thursday they said vetting outstanding...so ive asked them did my aplication went back and then they have checked again and said Sorry my mistake it is in commissioner office. Its one big mess...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ADevaney

Got the offer Friday also from June 2017 campaign.
    Looking at the threads it would appear its 4 batches of 200; each batch takes 3 months to complete each stage (even if deferred you will get the opportunity to redo & catch up wiith your batch) The HR part is done to date ; where the anomaly seems to happen is the vetting process. I was lucky in that my family are all in Ireland & although Iv travelled the World I havent actually never lived abroad for any period .
    Its been a stressful time, the Christmas decorations were up in the Jervis/Ilac S.C . When I did my interview last year but 12 months om I will be looking at them in Templemore.
    So keep the faith, & hope to meet ye in the Premier County soon

• Advertisement

Yeah I've 3 relatives in the UK and that's what's holding up my vetting apparently

I've family in Australia so im in the same boat lol

I've family in Australia so im in the same boat lol

I was told that Australia wouldn't slow down the vetting too much it's the UK that's the worst

I was told that Australia wouldn't slow down the vetting too much it's the UK that's the worst

Really? Hard too know isnt it, hopefully we will be cleared and signed off for the next intake

Really? Hard too know isnt it, hopefully we will be cleared and signed off for the next intake

Don't know who to believe , really thought I would have made this intake. Yeah hopefully mate, 3 months will fly.

Loopie2 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering, can you tell me if many people got offers yesterday ( since your organising the WhatsApp group). I'm just finding it difficult to gauge, since only 2 people posted they got offers yesterday. I know many people quietly observe this page, but I just thought If 100 offers were sent out yesterday that more people would of posted offers recieved!

I havent a clue, you have to bear in mind not everyone uses boards all people in the group are admins so i wouldnt be able to tell you how many i really dont know, a few anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭weetabix12345

I rang HRM just there to clarify weather there were offfers sent out last week and he confirmed there was and there is a possibility of more offers to come tomorrow. Unfortunately for me my application is stuck in the dreaded “Vetting Stage” and more than likely won’t make this intake. Any idea when the next one will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

I rang HRM just there to clarify weather there were offfers sent out last week and he confirmed there was and there is a possibility of more offers to come tomorrow. Unfortunately for me my application is stuck in the dreaded “Vetting Stage” and more than likely won’t make this intake. Any idea when the next one will be?

Second Friday of December will be next offers they are out every three months. For a Start end of January or beginning of February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SHIELDSRED

Hi all. I've my interview tomorrow.anyone have any tips on the competencies and how they incorporate them into the interview? T

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

SHIELDSRED wrote: »
    Hi all. I've my interview tomorrow.anyone have any tips on the competencies and how they incorporate them into the interview? T

Thanks

It really is as simple as "Tell me about a time when you >insert competency<" answered using the STAR technique or similar. Plus a little bit about why you want to be a guard and what you know about the course/role.

You will be fine. The panel are approachable and it's more like a conversation. But if you csn refer back to each competency and have two - three examples for each from different areas of your life/jobs you've done you will be fine. Be calm and confident. Smile. Sip some water if you need to quickly gather your thoughts. It'll be over before you know it and you'll be off to Templemore (12+months later ;p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

SHIELDSRED wrote: »

Thanks

Very best of luck

Advertisement