Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Darren9393

I just got an offer for the October intake, delighted. I'm from June 2017 with OOM 330.. didn't think I was gonna, been ringing and emailing them flat out over the past 3 weeks and they just kept saying vetting outstanding and then I rang last Friday HRM said they hadn't even received my file from the local superintendent office! I kept ringing and annoying them and I rang my local office and chief superintendent office too so it must've paid off! Would advise anyone that's waiting to keep in touch with them and keep pestering.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

Darren9393 wrote: »
    I just got an offer for the October intake, delighted. I'm from June 2017 with OOM 330.. didn't think I was gonna, been ringing and emailing them flat out over the past 3 weeks and they just kept saying vetting outstanding and then I rang last Friday HRM said they hadn't even received my file from the local superintendent office! I kept ringing and annoying them and I rang my local office and chief superintendent office too so it must've paid off! Would advise anyone that's waiting to keep in touch with them and keep pestering.

Congratulations on the offer pal.
    How come your vetting took so long? Had you or family been abroad? Or just your supers office was busy and it took a little prompting to send across local vetting?

Doyle93 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the offer pal.
    How come your vetting took so long? Had you or family been abroad? Or just your supers office was busy and it took a little prompting to send across local vetting?

I have family in uk and the states but I don't think it was that. I rang HRM on Friday and they said that my file wasn't sent off by my local super! I rang the local they said they did tho, I think it was the chiefs office where the hold up was because I rang them then on Friday and then all of a sudden my vetting managed to be done and file signed off by today! I'd say it's worth ringing your local super and chief supers office if possible just to see if you can find anything out?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nowlan95

I have family in uk and the states but I don't think it was that. I rang HRM on Friday and they said that my file wasn't sent off by my local super! I rang the local they said they did tho, I think it was the chiefs office where the hold up was because I rang them then on Friday and then all of a sudden my vetting managed to be done and file signed off by today! I'd say it's worth ringing your local super and chief supers office if possible just to see if you can find anything out?
    I have family in the UK too and they keep telling me that my vetting is outstanding I'm from June 2017 OOM 66

Nowlan95 wrote: »
    I have family in the UK too and they keep telling me that my vetting is outstanding I'm from June 2017 OOM 66

Maybe it wouldn't do any harm getting in touch with your local station to ask did they send everything off and all? I had to reply by tomorrow evening wither accepting or declining the offer so maybe there's some more due out after tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Maybe it wouldn't do any harm getting in touch with your local station to ask did they send everything off and all? I had to reply by tomorrow evening wither accepting or declining the offer so maybe there's some more due out after tomorrow?

It's crazy how some people get vetting back from the UK ASAP and others are left for months even years in the case of 2016 applicant's. I'm waiting on vetting for a few years I spent over there. Apparently there's lots of offers to go out they are struggling big time to fill this intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Corkboy1990

i am in the same boat. My partners family are uk and i have an uncle in the states and i am being told the same, "small bit of vetting outstanding". Really frustrating as i have everything passed since May. Im from June 2017 OOM early 100s

It's crazy how some people get vetting back from the UK ASAP and others are left for months even years in the case of 2016 applicant's. I'm waiting on vetting for a few years I spent over there. Apparently there's lots of offers to go out they are struggling big time to fill this intake.

How do you know that mate

i am in the same boat. My partners family are uk and i have an uncle in the states and i am being told the same, "small bit of vetting outstanding". Really frustrating as i have everything passed since May. Im from June 2017 OOM early 100s

I know right , I've given up calling them because you just get the same answers Everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

I have family in uk and the states but I don't think it was that. I rang HRM on Friday and they said that my file wasn't sent off by my local super! I rang the local they said they did tho, I think it was the chiefs office where the hold up was because I rang them then on Friday and then all of a sudden my vetting managed to be done and file signed off by today! I'd say it's worth ringing your local super and chief supers office if possible just to see if you can find anything

Its all depends.... ive been contacting my srg cause she was doing my report for 3 months and in the report she mentioned in negative way that i was sending her messages where i was told to wait... my file was with the locals for over 6months.
    I think its a lottery... my aplication is in comissioner's office in the last 2 weeks.
    You are just lucky . Well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 ducky30

I just Called HRM today and my vetting is back and I'm awaiting sign off hopefully that is done quickly and I get an Offer soon.

ducky30 wrote: »
    I just Called HRM today and my vetting is back and I'm awaiting sign off hopefully that is done quickly and I get an Offer soon.

Lucky you , I just rang them and same old story for me

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

I rang yesterday. Small bit of vetting outstanding... usually they just say vetting outstanding! Not sure if this is an improvement or not :-/
    They also said there’ll be more offers going out all this week so maybe some of u still have a shot at this intake!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ducky30

Lucky you , I just rang them and same old story for me

hopefully, you will hear soon I rang last Wednesday and I was given the same so keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Quick one, did everyone's references get contacted?

Quick one, did everyone's references get contacted?

Yeah all of mine were anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    Yeah all of mine were anyway.
    As a matter of interest do you know by what method? As in, by telephone, letter or email?

As a matter of interest do you know by what method? As in, by telephone, letter or email?

All mine were contacted by letter as far as I know. Might vary depending on different stations though

All mine were contacted by letter as far as I know. Might vary depending on different stations though
    And 1 last qs, did they wait until all the stages were cleared or did they do it after the interview?

And 1 last qs, did they wait until all the stages were cleared or did they do it after the interview?

The local Sgt does it before you meet them don't they?

• Advertisement

Not a clue. Would imagine it would be an inspector at least no?

Not a clue. Would imagine it would be an inspector at least no?

It was my local Sgt he rang them all just before I met him

Some of mine were contacted a month or 6 weeks after the interview.

They contacted them well before I was called for medical.

Mine got letters looking for references about 6 months before I met the sergeant. It’s probably up to each sergeant what way they want to do it I’d say.

Mine got letters looking for references about 6 months before I met the sergeant. It’s probably up to each sergeant what way they want to do it I’d say.

Yea definitely mate there seems to be no set in stone method for the process everyone has different circumstances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Wonder has there been any offers today or is that the end of them? We'll have to get a 'January intake' thread fired up soon enough I'd say.
    Wonder what's the least amount of notice you'd get.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Wonder has there been any offers today or is that the end of them? We'll have to get a 'January intake' thread fired up soon enough I'd say.
    Wonder what's the least amount of notice you'd get.

I’m praying there’ll be a few more out tomorrow! I’ll have to just accept January if nothing comes tomorrow :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

I think they must be struggling to fill the October intake. I failed the push pull on the fitness on the 1st and they emailed me today before the 3 months to retest next week. I would say there’s hope for more offers yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

I think they must be struggling to fill the October intake. I failed the push pull on the fitness on the 1st and they emailed me today before the 3 months to retest next week. I would say there’s hope for more offers yet.

Sounds like it! Will you be good for your retest so soon? What did you fail on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Sounds like it! Will you be good for your retest so soon? What did you fail on?

I didn’t feel ready yet to retest so they just said I’ll get the next date which is probably November. Only the push pull but least I’ve more time to train now and I’ll be more confident I’ll pass it.

Advertisement