Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

I didn’t feel ready yet to retest so they just said I’ll get the next date which is probably November. Only the push pull but least I’ve more time to train now and I’ll be more confident I’ll pass it.

No offense here intended at all, but it has to be said that it is extremely unfair on so many waiting that someone could be asked back to redo their test a few weeks after failing with an almost guaranteed entry to the college after! All the while there's so many chomping at the bit to go down but can't because of vetting issues that they aren't arsed chasing..
    Passed my interview over a year now and strolled the medical and fitness but have to wait until eternity while they check a few relatives that live abroad. Anyway hope you get in just a go at the process really.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

Alberto17 wrote: »
    No offense here intended at all, but it has to be said that it is extremely unfair on so many waiting that someone could be asked back to redo their test a few weeks after failing with an almost guaranteed entry to the college after! All the while there's so many chomping at the bit to go down but can't because of vetting issues that they aren't arsed chasing..
    Passed my interview over a year now and strolled the medical and fitness but have to wait until eternity while they check a few relatives that live abroad. Anyway hope you get in just a go at the process really.

Nothing is to state that if they pass the fitness test that they will be offered a place. The vetting issues are completely separate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Alberto17 wrote: »

Eh, and if they failed because they hadn't been granted the three months training time every other candidate who failed was granted, they'd be out on their ear.

Instead they gave someone else on the PCT waiting list a slot and a chance at the 2019 intake. Or even a v v last minute Oct 18 place but I really think those are all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nowlan95

Just got accepted this afternoon absolutely over the moon. If there is a what's app group for the October intake can someone let me know please .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GLdeC

Nowlan95 wrote: »
    Just got accepted this afternoon absolutely over the moon. If there is a what's app group for the October intake can someone let me know please .

Congrats Nowlan, hope you have a good time in templemore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Congrats! Really thought there were no places left. There's hope for the rest of us yet. Have a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nowlan95

Keep the faith everyone, I thought there was no hope for me this time around , so maybe there are still some spaces left to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Keep the faith everyone, I thought there was no hope for me this time around , so maybe there are still some spaces left to fill.

Fairplay man enjoy the journey

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ducky30

I called last week and was told that there are still available spaces for the October intake HRM said to me and that load of files have been sent for signing off so they are just awaiting them to come back to give offers. hopefully, some of us will receive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

Just got an offer for induction on 22nd October I am so happy I thought this day would never come. I'm from the 2017 campaign and oom low 400s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

Doyle93 wrote: »
    Just got an offer for induction on 22nd October I am so happy I thought this day would never come. I'm from the 2017 campaign and oom low 400s

Congrats mate

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ducky30

Well done congratulations mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GLdeC

Fair play lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Well done mate! Delighted for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭weetabix12345

Just got an email there to start induction on 22nd
    Has anyone that info on the whatts app group?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Well done lad. Do you mind me asking when was the last time you were in contact with HRM about vetting? I'm surprised there is still offers so close to start date. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭weetabix12345

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Well done lad. Do you mind me asking when was the last time you were in contact with HRM about vetting? I'm surprised there is still offers so close to start date. Well done!

Thursday I have been ringing them a lot since my August, I was told on Thursday my vetting was still outstanding and that it’s highly unlikely to be done for the October intake as there is a checking stage and a signing off stage after the vetting. There’s still hope so don’t give up keep onto them it’s the only way

Also just got an email with an offer for induction on the 22nd. Absolutely buzzing. I had rang them about 2 weeks ago and was told that my vetting was still outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

Well done I got one last Thursday too seems to be a few spaces left I'm on induction same as you so see you down there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Just rang and said my vetting is back and my file is gone to the commissioners office. She said there’s a only a few spaces left for Oct. Anyone waiting on a vetting could be worth giving em a ring as mines been outstanding for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Rparker17 wrote: »
    Just rang and said my vetting is back and my file is gone to the commissioners office. She said there’s a only a few spaces left for Oct. Anyone waiting on a vetting could be worth giving em a ring as mines been outstanding for months.

I rang yesterday but vetting still outstanding :( they said the same about there only being a few spots left. Hope you make it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Rparker17 wrote: »

Any luck with an offer today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Any luck with an offer today?

Nothing, my friend. If I don’t get one by tomorrow then I won’t be able to accept with my current work conditions. Still think I won’t get one till Jan unless they wanna get a few more in.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Hi lads, just looking to be added to whatsapp group aswell.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JimmySrfc167

Got my offer for the 22nd! Any info on a whatsapp group? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hazel232

hey lads, got an offer for the 15th just wonderin can someone add me to the whatsapp if there’s one going?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Hazel232 wrote: »
    hey lads, got an offer for the 15th just wonderin can someone add me to the whatsapp if there’s one going?

Congratulations, they aren't giving you much time to get ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hazel232

Congratulations, they aren't giving you much time to get ready.[/quot

Thanks, i know but had my retest tuesday and offered on wednesday so think i just got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Corkboy1990

just got an offer for the 22nd. delighted. Anyone got any info about the whats app group please and thanks

• Advertisement

just got an offer for the 22nd. delighted. Anyone got any info about the whats app group please and thanks

I too would like info on the whatsapp group. Thanks

Advertisement