Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

They won’t say “offers are out this Friday” on the chance Incase they aren’t to cover themselves offers can still be out this Friday if not shouldn’t Defo be next week. So scary lol. I’m so nervous just want to know if I’m making next Intake or not waiting is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

So I bit the bullet and rang HRM. Said to me offers haven’t actually been made up yet at all so we are looking at next week and then the week after for offers. One would only think if they had enough numbers with files complete they would be sending the offers out sooner rather then later. Can only speculate but seems like they are giving themselves as much time possible to try and fill the spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Eddyrio5 wrote: »
    So I bit the bullet and rang HRM. Said to me offers haven’t actually been made up yet at all so we are looking at next week and then the week after for offers. One would only think if they had enough numbers with files complete they would be sending the offers out sooner rather then later. Can only speculate but seems like they are giving themselves as much time possible to try and fill the spots.

Just a waiting game so

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

Looks like next week so, so annoying this week went so slow and now have to wait another week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Guys what stage have you to be at to be considered? Ive been told all my vetting is back im just awaiting final management sign off ? Is that good or bad? Hearing different stories everywhere go figure lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

SO7378 wrote: »
    Guys what stage have you to be at to be considered? Ive been told all my vetting is back im just awaiting final management sign off ? Is that good or bad? Hearing different stories everywhere go figure lol.

If you have been told that you are waiting to be signed off then you are in a queue to be signed off for suitability to enter that garda training program, more or less a suitable or 'generally unsuitable to get a place in the college. They generally sign off a load before the offers go out. So you are in a good poisition (unless you get the 'generally unsuitable' email) not many seem to get them from what I can see. I only know of one personally.

Good luck for the coming weeks!

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    If you have been told that you are waiting to be signed off then you are in a queue to be signed off for suitability to enter that garda training program, more or less a suitable or 'generally unsuitable to get a place in the college. They generally sign off a load before the offers go out. So you are in a good poisition (unless you get the 'generally unsuitable' email) not many seem to get them from what I can see. I only know of one personally.

I just rang them there out of the blue lol funny enough they have just said management signed me off and that my application is complete? Lol and to keep checking my emails.

Thanks for the fast reply lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

I just rang them there out of the blue lol funny enough they have just said management signed me off and that my application is complete? Lol and to keep checking my emails.

Happy days! You'll be in blue in no time. Well done.

FIVE.0 wrote: »

Happy days your signed off.

Did they say next couple of weeks to you too? Or just keep checking email? Are you 2017?

That’s great news congrats .... what’s yours OOM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Excellent news

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JMurphy001

Well done 😀 wonder does that mean offers should be soon ?

Anyone know what time HQ opens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    Anyone know what time HQ opens ?

I would presume 9am, the same as most state offices.

Rang this morning still waiting to be signed off any luck for anyone else ?

Rang this morning still waiting to be signed off any luck for anyone else ?

I'll ring later this evening. They say anything interesting at all ?

JMurphy001 wrote: »
    I'll ring later this evening. They say anything interesting at all ?

Nope nothing just that if reach order of merit for October intake or something

Nope nothing just that if reach order of merit for October intake or something

Why can't they just give a straight answer so annoying. I'm doubtful for this intake looking back on my emails my OOM is high...low 600 taught it was lower than that. And waiting to be signed off at 3 weeks now

Why can't they just give a straight answer so annoying. I'm doubtful for this intake looking back on my emails my OOM is high...low 600 taught it was lower than that. And waiting to be signed off at 3 weeks now

Around the same as myself I’m waiting about that long to be signed off my OOM is 500 though. Don’t give up hope though I know a lad from July intake he got told the day before offer where sent out that his vetting was outstanding so you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

I wonder will any offers come out late this evening?

• Advertisement

going by other intake they should be

Heres to hoping there are offers today. I still have slight hope. What time do they usually fire them out at from previous offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

It seems to be next week going by what I was told today.

It seems to be next week going by what I was told today.

Did you speak to them today? They say next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fionndoyle

How do you check your oom, I applied in September 2016 but failed eye test in the medical so had to go away and get laser eye surgery. I passed my medical in July and last my PCT on the 1st of September. Contacted HR last week and they said vetting was completed and was just waiting on senior management to sign off on it. Praying I get called for October been a long 2 years.

Fionndoyle wrote: »
    How do you check your oom, I applied in September 2016 but failed eye test in the medical so had to go away and get laser eye surgery. I passed my medical in July and last my PCT on the 1st of September. Contacted HR last week and they said vetting was completed and was just waiting on senior management to sign off on it. Praying I get called for October been a long 2 years.

Check your email from PAS when you passed interview. They would have give you an OOM thats the OOM that continues on with you. If your 2016 and your file is complete id say you will definitely be getting an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fionndoyle

Check your email from PAS when you passed interview. They would have give you an OOM thats the OOM that continues on with you. If your 2016 and your file is complete id say you will definitely be getting an offer
    Thanks. Fingers crossed

Well done 😀 wonder does that mean offers should be soon ?

I really dont know but when i rang a few days ago i wasnt signed off.. now i am.. i thought it was going to be this week.. im guessing not? I wonder if it is next week then what day? This is nerve wrecking.. my advice to everyone on here or anyone who is at the stage who is "Awaiting Sign Off" keep calling every day or two.. alot of yey could be signed off now! Best of luck to all of yey :)

Happy days your signed off.

Did they say next couple of weeks to you too? Or just keep checking email? Are you 2017?

Yeah they just said "to keep checking emails regularly" and yeah im 2017

• Advertisement

That’s great news congrats .... what’s yours OOM

Thanks im on the end of the 300's i think 386 you?

Advertisement