Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Range with Trackman or similar?

Options
  • 18-06-2018 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a driving range that has bays with a trackman or similar? Looking to figure out my club distances and would like to spend some time bashing balls to figure out each distance.
    Seems to be a few of these ranges in the UK, hopefully something similar in Ireland somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Pretty sure that you can book a trackman session in the GUI academy out in Carton House.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Don't mean to be harping on about the same place over and over but Athlone Golf Academy have one, am actually getting lessons there at the moment and next one will be using trackman.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭davegilly

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Don't mean to be harping on about the same place over and over but Athlone Golf Academy have one, am actually getting lessons there at the moment and next one will be using trackman.

Can you book a bay with trackman for private use do you know? I'd like to spend maybe an hour or so bashing clubs to gauge distances. Would prefer to do it on my own so i wouldnt feel under any pressure with someone watching :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

davegilly wrote: »
    Can you book a bay with trackman for private use do you know? I'd like to spend maybe an hour or so bashing clubs to gauge distances. Would prefer to do it on my own so i wouldnt feel under any pressure with someone watching :)

Am not sure to be honest but I'll find out. I'll be talking to the owner at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭davegilly

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Am not sure to be honest but I'll find out. I'll be talking to the owner at lunchtime.

Thanks a mill - And the cost too if you wouldn't mind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

I don't know where you're based. O.P. but..... I noticed the following last week:

McGuirks at Leopardstown golf range have a sign up for Trackman. That's all I know.... you could give them a ring.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Just had a quick look on http://www.bettergolf.ie/trackman.html (GUI Academy mentioned above) and saw the below. They also do the Trackman combine test among other things. All the info is on the page above. Hope this helps.
    Private Practice (on your own, or with a friend)
    We set up the TrackMan 4 for you in one of our bays and show you how to work it. We then supply you with the range balls you need and off you go. You can see your dispersion rate, club-head speed, angle of attack, spin rate and lots more besides. There is a minimum time of 1 hour required. Please note that payment for this must be made by credit or debit card and that photo identification may be required.

1 hour: €80 for one / €150 for two people sharing
    2 hours - €150 for one / €250 for two people sharing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm very tempted to give this a go over the next few weeks. I'd love to have a full idea of my club ranges, and i'd say it could be very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

BillyBoy wrote: »
    Just had a quick look on http://www.bettergolf.ie/trackman.html (GUI Academy mentioned above) and saw the below. They also do the Trackman combine test among other things. All the info is on the page above. Hope this helps.

€80 for 1 or €150 for 2 people sharing it for the same time... I can't see the logic in that but it's good to see the offering available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

PARlance wrote: »
    €80 for 1 or €150 for 2 people sharing it for the same time... I can't see the logic in that but it's good to see the offering available.

Presumably it's 2 separate bays & launch monitors otherwise it seems like poor value alright

• Advertisement
Advertisement