Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asbestos - landlord responsibilities

Options
  • 18-06-2018 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭

I'm about to put my old house on the market for rent.  This probably should have occurred to me while I was living there myself but I want to make sure (a)whether there is any asbestos and (b)what do I need to do to ensure that it is either removed, or safe.  I've been told by a few people that I don't need to do anything unless there is building work etc going on but I want to be 100% sure that I'm complying with the law and more importantly that I'm not putting anyone at risk.

It is a terraced house built around the 60s.  I bought it 10 years ago and don't remember any mention of asbestos in the survey.

Any advice?  I've sent an email to the PRTB and the local council.

Comments

Advertisement