Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metropolis festival 2018

Options
  • 18-06-2018 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭

Villagers to headline and curate Sat Oct 27th

Early bird priced at 35euro

On sale Friday 22nd June.

Was hoping for more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Early bird priced at 35euro

You sure? That sounds pretty cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Effects wrote: »
    You sure? That sounds pretty cheap.

Early Bird price for the one day.

I like their new song; aside from that going into the back catalouge i'm not convinced ...yet

but if their new album has similar songs to the single then i'll go see them at AllTogetherNow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I like their new song; aside from that going into the back catalouge i'm not convinced ...yet

He's pretty good live. He's a new band since I've last seen him but he'd good at picking musicians that work well with him.

Effects wrote: »
    He's pretty good live. He's a new band since I've last seen him but he'd good at picking musicians that work well with him.

Yeah I get you. But just means that the bands prob will be on the same level or lesser than the villagers as he’s curating the day and headlining it.

Just not an exciting prospect. Like when they got Bon iver to curate forbidden fruit that was exciting. This not so much.

• Advertisement

I foresee Mac deMarco being announced for the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I foresee Mac deMarco being announced for the Sunday.
    it was almost completely dance/electronic on the Sunday last year, so I'd assume it'll be the same this year.

Villagers day will probably only have 2 stages open (main stage and some Irish DJs in the bar/food area, same as Leftfield), and will basically just be a glorified gig.
    If MdM is playing, I'd imagine it'll be on Saturday as support for Villagers.

it was almost completely dance/electronic on the Sunday last year, so I'd assume it'll be the same this year.

Villagers day will only have 2 stages open (main stage and some Irish DJs in the bar/food area, same as Leftfield), and will basically just be a glorified gig.
    If MdM is playing, I'd imagine it'll be on Saturday as support for Villagers.

Mac has an unspecified location for the 28th. Has announced the rest of his tour bar this date. the reason for this could be that Metropolis haven't annouced him yet.

'*almost completley'

Doesn't mean all is electronic/dance. And to look at the history of the Festival lineup styles can change.

Mac has an unspecified location for the 28th. Has announced the rest of his tour bar this date. the reason for this could be that Metropolis haven't annouced him yet.

'*almost completley'

Doesn't mean all is electronic/dance. And to look at the history of the Festival lineup styles can change.

oh yeah, i forgot he was playing here that day. you're right, it probably is Metropolis in that case.
    if there was more of a mix of styles than last year it would be great, the only "guitar-y" act of note last year was Jungle.

oh yeah, i forgot he was playing here that day. you're right, it probably is Metropolis in that case.
    if there was more of a mix of styles than last year it would be great, the only "guitar-y" act of note last year was Jungle.

Think i'll be giving Metropolis a miss this year. Was looking at BIME in bilbao and Pitchfork Paris and thought maybe something good will come out of it as schedules are around same time.

But no.. Villagers and Mac DeMarco

• Advertisement

Underworld playing the Warehouse Project in Manchester on the Saturday of Metropolis.
    they're also headlining All Together Now, and POD love to recycle acts, so can see them announced for the Sunday, once ATN is over.

when is the announcement for this? Only giving themselves 2 months to shift tickets ain't the best idea imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

when is the announcement for this? Only giving themselves 2 months to shift tickets ain't the best idea imo.

Probably after Electric Picnic I'd say.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They said on Facebook they are announcing line up details this week.

They said on Facebook they are announcing line up details this week.

Nice, it’d have to be something great. Wallet gonna feel the pinch of Electoc picnic and loyalty tickets in September

• Registered Users Posts: 34 wes16586

Blood Orange playing in Berlin and London around the same time. Hopefully he'll be on the lineup.

lineup:

Róisín Murphy, Mac DeMarco, Blood Orange, Young Fathers, The Black Madonna, Grandbrothers, Gwenno and many more will join us at Metropolis Festival 2018, this October Bank Holiday Weekend, RDS Dublin.

Tickets go on sale this Friday, 24 August at 9 AM via Ticketmaster & usual outlets. Metropolis Festival now operates an over 21s age policy.

Weekend (Sat & Sun)
    Tier 1 - €99.50
    Tier 2 - €109.50
    Tier 3 - €115.00

Weekend Instalment Plan
    Tier 2 - €54.75 (x2 payments)

Bank Holiday Sunday, 28 Oct
    Tier 1 - €64.50
    Tier 2 - €69.50
    Tier 3 - €74.50

Sunday Instalment Plan
    Tier 2 - €34.75 (x2 payments)

Saturday, 27 Oct
    Tier 1 - €35.00 (SOLD OUT)
    Tier 2 - €49.50

39954955_2183035718619474_3024842941408477184_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=65ca5874720cd57d32269397e11c9877&oe=5BFA22A4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

lineup:

39954955_2183035718619474_3024842941408477184_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=65ca5874720cd57d32269397e11c9877&oe=5BFA22A4

What's the verdict? Roisin Murphy, The Black Madonna & Villagers recycled from All Together Now. If Mac Demarco & Blood Orange are on the same day I would consider a day ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Very underwhelming compared to last year. There were some great DJs there last year, looking to be moving away from that which is a shame.

What's the verdict? Roisin Murphy, The Black Madonna & Villagers recycled from All Together Now. If Mac Demarco & Blood Orange are on the same day I would consider a day ticket.

both on sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have been gurning about Blood Orange never playing dublin for a while, this is great.

Bollix, if they are on the Sunday I can't go. Would love to see them and Mac de Marco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Damn, blood orange and young fathers will be great but I’m heading to BIME in Bilbao that weekend.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Damn, blood orange and young fathers will be great but I’m heading to BIME in Bilbao that weekend.

Lucky fecker you'll be seeing Aphex Twin then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

D.Q wrote: »
    Very underwhelming compared to last year. There were some great DJs there last year, looking to be moving away from that which is a shame.

There's only been 8 acts announced so far, give it time because about 50 more acts have be added going by last years lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Grandbrothers were also at ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jacko493

Whats the story with the tiered tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Anyone got an idea what day young fathers are on? It will be necessary to be in attendance

kg703 wrote: »
    Anyone got an idea what day young fathers are on? It will be necessary to be in attendance

sunday

Well this is hardly gonna attract me now after seeing a whole bunch of the acts at All Together Now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mocmo

jacko493 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the tiered tickets?

I too am wondering about this, are they for different areas / proximity to the stage? Anyone know?

Advertisement