Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metropolis festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I was more on board before these extra announcements TBH. Was hoping for a few decent names but there's not much in this or last week's one with David O'Doherty that would make me take the plunge.

Still, the first announcement of Young Fathers, Mac De Marco, Villager, etc is still quite strong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

i see they have changed the listing now to include stages
    I assumed Mac would be headliner but it looks like Roisin
    i hope he gets a decent set length or ill be a sad bunny

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

Have they given a breakdown of who’s playing the Saturday?

Charlie wrote: »
    Have they given a breakdown of who’s playing the Saturday?

If you go onto the website, click the line-up tab and hover over the acts you like, it tells you when they're playing. https://www.metropolisfestival.ie/#lineup

Saturday looks like:
    Villagers, Friendly Fires, Gwenno, Booka Brass, David Keenan, with David O'Doherty compere.

Everyone else announced so far is Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Is the line up looking a little light with only 4 weeks out?

I was at the first metropolis and could've sworn there was a hell of a lot more announced in the lineup at this stage.

• Advertisement

If you go onto the website, click the line-up tab and hover over the acts you like, it tells you when they're playing. https://www.metropolisfestival.ie/#lineup

Saturday looks like:
    Villagers, Friendly Fires, Gwenno, Booka Brass, David Keenan, with David O'Doherty compere.

Everyone else announced so far is Sunday.

I’ve a Saturday ticket (early bird) but that looks suitably gick. May look to off load it now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Charlie wrote: »
    I’ve a Saturday ticket (early bird) but that looks suitably gick. May look to off load it now.

How much were the early birds again? Its not a bad lineup if it was reasonably priced!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

How much were the early birds again? Its not a bad lineup if it was reasonably priced!

In the context of gigs this year, it's extremely lazy. Most, if not all, of those acts played EP, ATN or elsewhere in Ireland already this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thenumbers

Surely there's more acts to be announced!? The Saturday will be empty of acts and people otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thenumbers wrote: »
    Surely there's more acts to be announced!? The Saturday will be empty of acts and people otherwise?

probably just a few Irish DJs for the 2nd room, this was the Saturday last year, so wouldn't be expecting much more to be announced this year

SatStageTimesweb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thenumbers

Villagers, Gwenno, Friendly Fires, David O'Doherty, David Keenan and Booka Brass

Good individual acts, terrible combination of acts

Does it look like there is any more coming for this? It still looks very light to me.

It really does. I like elements of the line up, but it seems incredibly light

It really does. I like elements of the line up, but it seems incredibly light

I'd be happy enough to catch Villagers, Young Fathers, Mac de Marco and the Black Madonna at any festival but I'm not sure it's worth the ticket price and the travel up for the weekend for me.

A video ad on my Instagram yesterday still had the "more to come" tag on the end of it in terms of acts but the website doesn't have any hint of that so I'm not sure if it was an old ad or is the line just not printed on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Got some cheap tickets for this so heading on the sunday to catch Mac, Young Fathers, Blood Orange and Kojaque... Basically camped at the mainstage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Got some cheap tickets for this so heading on the sunday to catch Mac, Young Fathers, Blood Orange and Kojaque... Basically camped at the mainstage

I’m sorta hoping a cheap ticket might fall my way. Just for young fathers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

What's the craic with bringing backpacks into this festival? Is it the same as Longitude etc? Just allowed the wee gym bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cian_M

When are they gonna announce the 2 extra stages for the Sunday?

Lineup is very good quality wise, but lacking quantity wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Doesn't look like anymore acts being announced, I'm out.

https://twitter.com/metro_festival/status/1053211362074259463

That is disappointing. As was said already, I have no issue with the quality of the acts, just the quantity.

Not for me this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that really isn't worth €76.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

that really isn't worth €76.

Its worth it for Roisin Murphy alone, the rest are a bonus as far as I'm concerned...

Bit miffed about Mac being sub headline
    Surely he's the biggest profile artist on the whole line-up?

i asked them specifically if Mac or Roisin were headlining
    they told me both were, so i figured they would be on different stages
    they it pans out that Mac is second and is only getting an hour
    He's the reason i bought a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Bit miffed about Mac being sub headline
    Surely he's the biggest profile artist on the whole line-up?

i asked them specifically if Mac or Roisin were headlining
    they told me both were, so i figured they would be on different stages
    they it pans out that Mac is second and is only getting an hour
    He's the reason i bought a ticket!

Roisin gets an 1:15 so not a huge difference, but would prefer an extra 15 minutes of mac

No schedule/times for the Saturday is poor form. Looking beyond wafer thin at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone reckon Villagers will play a standalone Dublin gig? Wouldn't mind catching them but can't make this weekend. I know there's an Irish tour in December so guess another gig could be announced after this weekend maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone reckon Villagers will play a standalone Dublin gig? Wouldn't mind catching them but can't make this weekend. I know there's an Irish tour in December so guess another gig could be announced after this weekend maybe?

i'd agree with that.

• Advertisement

Didnt even think about the marathon on sunday
    should be good craic tryin to get to the RDS :(

Advertisement