Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metropolis festival 2018

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,989 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. maybe it's because I was there quite early on Saturday but thought security was grand tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone see Roisin Murphy, what was she like.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Anyone see Roisin Murphy, what was she like.

Great Voice, great stage presence, the costume changes are fun and the crowd really got into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Guessing there isn't going to be a Metropolis festival this year? I've seen nothing on any of there social media pages and I think it was around this time last year that the line up was announced :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Guessing there isn't going to be a Metropolis festival this year? I've seen nothing on any of there social media pages and I think it was around this time last year that the line up was announced :confused:

Looks like it. Didnt sell out last year and I think the general sense was it was neither fish nor fowl, being no longer a dance festival in a warehouse nor was the venue particularly good for the type of acts now playing.

Also, it was around this time last year thag John Reynolds died (maybe the end of Sept) so its possible they had to keep going on ATN but scaled back on Metropolis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Villagers was announced in June 2018 but the main announcement of Roisin Murphy, Mac de Marco etc was this week last year. I'd be surprised if it was back. Shame that it's gone but, as you say, it looks like it didn't do well last year and they are probably better off focusing on Forbidden Fruit and All Together Now.

Advertisement