Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to park safely in Dublin overnight

Options
  • 18-06-2018 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere to park a camper van overnight in Dublin? We are driving up from Limerick and staying in a hotel for the first night (a Christmas present). We are then planning to spend a few days on the east coast in the van. Is there a car park with out height restrictions that we could park the van? No issue with paying and we could get a taxi/bus/dart etc to the hotel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

colmll wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere to park a camper van overnight in Dublin? We are driving up from Limerick and staying in a hotel for the first night (a Christmas present). We are then planning to spend a few days on the east coast in the van. Is there a car park with out height restrictions that we could park the van? No issue with paying and we could get a taxi/bus/dart etc to the hotel.

I have seen campervans parked along the drummartin link road between the Beacon Hotel in Sandyford and the Kilmacud luas stop. It's roadside car parking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What hotel are you staying in? Do they have any parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭colmll

Thanks for the reply. My only concern is that the van would be unattended all night so would need to be sure its safe.

We are staying in the Westin Hotel near TCD. They use a local multistory car park but the height restrictions are to low for the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wonder would Trinity be persuaded to let you in if it's only outside of busy hours for their car parks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I see a lot of campers parked along the coast on the road between Malahide and Portmarknock. Lovely to wake up beside the sea I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Itineoman

I've seen a few vans parked up in the mornings at the red cow park and ride who seem to have overnighted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Ask the Westin if they have a loading bay that you could use overnight ?

I used to stay in the Gibson regularly and they always let me use their loading bay overnight. (Had a high roof van..)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Camped in Merrion square one night years ago, straight across from the dail. Had a party to go to on baggot st and figured no one would bother me with a Garda stationed across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Merrion Sq West or South might be a good idea, although it is still open street parking it's usually very quiet in the evenings around there and if you got as close as possible to the corner you would be almost directly in front of the gov. buildings.
    If you were to park there just make sure to have park by text on your phone, as parking charges start at 07.00hr. and they are very quick with clamping around there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

If you have a friend or relation in Dublin, would they let you park in their driveway or outside their house, for 24 hours? Then get bus to town for your night out, collect next day?
    pm for one other idea on the southside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭TigerTim

You could book the camper in to Camac valley campsite just off the N7 in Clondalkin for one night. Lovely campsite & they have a storage area as well. They may be worth a call. Will be some charge but camper will be safe.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Camac valley

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Camac valley

Decided to cancel the hotel in the end and stay in Camac Valley. First time there and agree, fabulous campsite with huge private pitches. Got the bus to the city centre from just outside the gate.

Advertisement