Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I make this dress "Work casual" appropriate?

• 18-06-2018 11:23am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So work (a corporate law firm) have sprung on us that July and August are going to be "dress down" so I'm trying to get my wardrobe together!

I have this dress (pic attached) that I bought for my upcoming holidays that I was hoping could also work for work but when I throw on a cardigan or tights with it I look like a school girl or a nun!

What could I wear with this to make it work, even just for Irish weather in general, or is it doomed to only be worn when I go abroad for the rest of its life?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'd pair it with a blazer. I'm not mad about cardigans anyway I think they make most people look frumpy. If you have to wear tights then go for nude and as invisible as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yeah a not desperately tailored blazer is the way to go with that dress. It's cute - as long as it's not super short I wouldn't consider it inappropriate for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

A long waterfall cardigan with good chic shape would work too.

Advertisement