Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish National Championships - Sligo

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Speaking of the women's race, 2 riders needed attention for heatstroke, half the field pulled out from the heat. Ambulance was called in. The men got a much cooler day. Even more respect for Eve and co riding so hard in those conditions, and meas mór for all who finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

nee wrote: »
    Speaking of the women's race, 2 riders needed attention for heatstroke, half the field pulled out from the heat. Ambulance was called in. The men got a much cooler day. Even more respect for Eve and co riding so hard in those conditions, and meas mór for all who finished.

I reckon there was a 10 degree difference between the 2 days - savage stuff from the women racing so hard in conditions like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

marvin80 wrote: »
    I reckon there was a 10 degree difference between the 2 days - savage stuff from the women racing so hard in conditions like that.

29 according to the car on the climb on saturday, 17 on sunday !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

29 according to the car on the climb on saturday, 17 on sunday !

One of the women racing had 33 on her Garmin...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

nee wrote: »
    One of the women racing had 33 on her Garmin...

34 was the max mine said for during the women's race, apart from when I left it in the car and it went to 42! :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Raam wrote: »
    34 was the max mine said for during the women's race, apart from when I left it in the car and it went to 42! :O

I don't know what's worse cheating - you in the women's race, or using a car to do it!

Advertisement