Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do teenagers do

Options
  • 18-06-2018 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi guys,

I've got my teenage niece and nephew coming to stay from Spain for a month. I'm trying to think of things to keep them busy.

What too teenagers actually do?? I know they love hanging with on and other but the camps seem to be targeted at younger kids. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Really depends on age of the teenager, maybe give the rough age?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

iamafoodie wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've got my teenage niece and nephew coming to stay from Spain for a month. I'm trying to think of things to keep them busy.

What too teenagers actually do?? I know they love hanging with on and other but the camps seem to be targeted at younger kids. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    That's one of those questions that seems to have no answer. I've been out of the country for a long time and am miffed at the dozens of teenagers just plodding around doing nothing and apparantly this turns into mischief in the Summer. All my neighbours (mostly in their 60's so have a low tolerance for teenagers) dread the school holidays. I can see their point to an extent there is loud boozing going on in car parks, fires being lit, cars damaged etc. Obviously they're not all trouble but my answer to people is they get bored because there is literally **** all to do and boredom can lead to mischief. I know when I was 16 I had a part time job and in Summer worked almost full time but either they don't want to work or there's no jobs. I lived in an area of Sydney where literally thousands of famillies live but I never saw groups of teenagers hanging around but I don't know what they do to entertain themselves. Summer holidays over there is only about 6 weeks though and xmas is in the middle of that so maybe that keeps them busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iamafoodie

Sorry should have given age 14 girls and 16 boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iamafoodie

I seriously don't think they will be lighting fires, surly that's the minority! What have I signed up for!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Find local sports camps, arts camps etc. As another poster suggested. See what they’re interested in and sign them up.
    Also are there any family type activities you can plan for your time off like weekends with them - going to tourist sights or further drives away?

You could also set them up with leap cards if you’re near Dublin so they can travel around town to see things solo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Find them a street corner to hang around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

iamafoodie wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks

Is there a local youth cafe/club or foroige club in your area ? Could you link in with them?
    Round me they'd do a local outdoor adventure centre camp - offers on Groupon and the likes make it more affordable than full price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Another one to suggest: are there any cinemas nearby - sometime they do ¨pass type tickets where you can frequently for a flat rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Camps for older kids could work. Some gaa camps are aimed at teens, cookery school, drama workshops, horse riding camps, make-up lessons...
    Alternatively they could do some volunteering. Check out volunteer dot ie
    All depends on their level of English of course. If it's not great, they could do an English course and they would meet plenty of other Spanish kids.
    Other than that, time at the beach (not sure where you are located), cinema, any local festivals (e.g. Laya City Spectacular is pretty good if you're near Dublin) , hanging out at cafe, swimming pool, looking around shops/shopping centre......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Make sure u have wifi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dfdeegan

I run art camps for teens during summer in Galway?

Advertisement