Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance transfer and temporary cover for old car

Options
  • 18-06-2018 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just bought a new car (picking it up from the garage tomorrow). The car insurance (RSA, third party) was transferred to the new car, but I was not given any option to temporarily cover the old car. Is this the general rule with the BOI car insurance? 

I am planning to sell the old car soon, but I would like to have an insurance in case I need to drive it to a garage for any fixes / cleanup. Is there an option to add a 1 month insurance for the old car? Or can I add a "drive other cars" option to the existing insurance (which now covers  the new car)?

Thanks,
    Victor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭victor8600

So far from looking at forums, it seems that there is no short term insurance I can get.

If I get an additional, new "Popular Car Insurance" on my old car and pay per month, then cancel it after 1 month, will I have to pay for 2 months of the insurance only, or any other changes would apply?

Got the answer in https://boimotor.rsagroup.ie/docs/Policy_Booklet.pdf
    If the Policy is cancelled within Proportion of the premium we will refund
    First 14 days Refer to Condition 8 Cooling Off Period
    1st month return 80%
    2nd month return 70%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi victor8600,

Thanks for your post here on Boards. 

I think it would be best to speak to our team by calling 1890 604 604 as they will try their best to meet your individual needs. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement