Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Fire Alert From Front Door

Options
  • 18-06-2018 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,

The power to the house went and returned a few times on Friday and since then every time I open the front door my HKC alarm goes off and the display reads FIRE FIRE FIRE, this is without the alarm being set.
    I only had one spare battery for the smoke detectors so I tried that in both of them so that doesn't seem to be the issue, unless they both went low on the same day!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Is it the 10/70? Have you an engineers code? Possibly the panel battery needs replacement. It could be the smoke head battery. You would need a meter to check batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭JGEP

Not sure what model but it's the same as the one in this thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057708321

I'll grab a meter in work to check the batteries.

I don't have an engineers code.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

You said the smoke detector had batteries? If so is it the keypad with blue back light display? If so its the new panel 10/70. If its the other panel and the detector has batteries in it possible had a unit called quickbridge witch will help run your detector. I would say it is the battery in the main panel. Should be reading about 7ah 12v. Who installed it?

You said the smoke detector had batteries? If so is it the keypad with blue back light display? If so its the new panel 10/70. If its the other panel and the detector has batteries in it possible had a unit called quickbridge witch will help run your detector. I would say it is the battery in the main panel. Should be reading about 7ah 12v. Who installed it?

It's a standard smoke detector with battery and a connecting cable, I just figured it's connected to the alarm panel.
    It's the exact same keypad as in the other thread linked above, no blue backlight, with a mild steel panel in the utility room with the battery and circuitry in it.

It was installed in 2007 when the house was built but I only moved in recently, don't know who installed it but there's a number on the front, didn't ring as don't want to get charged for a call out without checking it out myself first. Inst tech by trade so know my way around electrics but no experience with house alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's a bug on the panel. Do a complete power down and replace the battery if needed and it should be fine.

• Advertisement

It's a bug on the panel. Do a complete power down and replace the battery if needed and it should be fine.

I'll be disconnecting the battery to check it anyway this evening so hopefully that resets it.

Battery was low so will replace that and the "power cycle" ;) cleared the bug, thanks!
    J

Advertisement