Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I'm surprised you found the new script. Glad you like it. Yes there is a mobile version. Just go to www.waterfordweather.com on any mobile device and you will see it.

Was there much work in getting the site working?

Was thinking of doing a remake with mine too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Danno wrote: »
    Was there much work in getting the site working?

Was thinking of doing a remake with mine too!

There was a lot of work involved but the tutorials are well put together. The guy who created it is a genius and always there to help.
    All the info is here www.meteotemplate.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Looks great but the font is quite difficult to read, might be worth changing that to something more legible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The heat in Cork this evening is stifling still reading 21at 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Was very warm in Cork city today. Walked about of the (air conditioned) office today at 5 and couldn't get over the heat. Felt very humid. There was a bit of a breeze but that was also very warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

i can think of maybe about 2 occasions in the last year that it's been raining so much that it stopped me doing anything or interfered with my life in any way. and i don't have a car.

Do you have a lawn ?
    It stopped me cutting it from mid July onwards

Haven't even had to collect the clippings this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Beautiful colours out there this evening before sunset, everything illuminated golden brown against the deep blue sky, not a very common combination in this country!

Few pics from a jog around Carton House

20180702_195914.jpg

20180702_200659.jpg

20180702_211112.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

You either don't do anything outside or you're talking through your hoop. It doesn't rain as much as we make out, but 2 days in the last 12 months??

not talking through my hoop at all. it's extremely rare that it stops me doing anything. trust me, i'd be cranky if any weather did, i get cranky when it's too hot to do things for example. I get caught in the odd shower, but it's not a big deal, you dry off eventually. like someone else said, it rarely rains for an entire day, it just seems that way to people.
    edit: i don't like my headphones getting wet either, and yet it's rarely an issue. hoodie/jacket, put the hood up, sorted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

The heat in Cork this evening is stifling still reading 21at 10pm
    yeah the hot zone seems to have drifted south (not that we did badly last week). 22c for Moore Park at 10pm must be near record territory (calling Syran...? :D)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Looks great but the font is quite difficult to read, might be worth changing that to something more legible.

Have a look now and tell me what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

19.5 DegC @ 61% humidity here in North Cork at 22:50 - Christ tonight is going to be a tough one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

That's worse again imo. Definitely use a sans-serif font for legibility, Helvetica or Arial are the two big ones that you can't go wrong with.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely swim late this evening in Banna Beach, Co Kerry.

15C now

1CeJGir.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I want the breeze that was here in cork city earlier back. It's a dead heat here even at 10:55 PM. There isn't a breath of air.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

yeah the hot zone seems to have drifted south (not that we did badly last week). 22c for Moore Park at 10pm must be near record territory (calling Syran...? :D)

Looking through the hourly data right now and the current highest I can find at Moore Park at 22:00 is 19.4c on 19th June last year - the day of its highest temperature record for June before last week.

EDIT: I found a higher one of 19.6c at 22:00 on 8th July 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

irishfeen wrote: »
    19.5 DegC @ 61% humidity here in North Cork at 22:50 - Christ tonight is going to be a tough one!

Yep even walking up the stairs is an ordeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Rougies wrote: »

That's worse again imo. Definitely use a sans-serif font for legibility, Helvetica or Arial are the two big ones that you can't go wrong with.

Looks spot on now as I'm looking at it on mobile, very crisp and clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

At last a change? This constant easterly is just a pain in the neck. It really has taken the edge off temperatures on the east coast. My max this summer has only been 25.5c. Only on two days have I recorded a temperature over 25c, mostly the temp has been in the 20-22c range so hardly heatwave conditions.
    Saturday will be warm and mainly dry with sunny spells. There's a chance of one or two isolated showers. Highest temperatures of 20 to 26 degrees with light to moderate southwest breezes. It will be coolest along the west coast and warmest in the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lovely swim late this evening in Banna Beach, Co Kerry.

15C now

]https://i.imgur.com/1CeJGir.jpg?1

15c??? You must be half frozen. :):)

Rougies wrote: »

Helvetica now so hopefully ok, apologies for going off topic but just replying to others questions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

15c??? You must be half frozen. :):)

Nah, it was about 18C when I was swimming and the water must be that temperature or more by now. Bliss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

BBC outlook on news 24 @21.55 mentioned continued very warm and dry for next week with the jet well to the north of us. No mention of thunderstorms as of yet but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This is glorious. What a fantastic spell. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

19.5 degrees and 60% humidity here in Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Still 20.8 degrees in the Bishopstown/Wilton area of Cork City. Just back from the city center, left the cinema and was greeted by a wall of heat. What an experience, really felt like a foreign country.

Its very heavy air though, very uncomfortable to relax in. Not a breeze blowing.

EDIT: Also roches point the third hottest place in the country today? Wut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

At last a change? This constant easterly is just a pain in the neck. It really has taken the edge off temperatures on the east coast. My max this summer has only been 25.5c. Only on two days have I recorded a temperature over 25c, mostly the temp has been in the 20-22c range so hardly heatwave conditions.

Out of all the moany viewpoints being posted here, I think this might be the worst!

What is wrong with low 20s? It's almost a perfect summer temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Midlands doing best on Wednesday - up to 27 or 28c

hirlamuk-41-47-0.png?03-00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Today was close to perfection, temps in the low twenties a nice breeze and hardly a cloud in the sky. Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Arpege seeing 29 as a high for Wednesday.

arpegeuk-41-45-0.png?03-01

• Advertisement

I don’t know where you,ve been ?? I live in Louth , just up the road from you , about 4km from the beach and it’s been blistering for the last 2 weeks and temperatures definitely over 28deg on days. I wouldn’t want it hotter!! Cats and dog hiding under bushes all day or in the house, grass brown , all windows open at night, for over 2 weeks and this isn’t a heatwave ?

Can’t believe you’re complaining, any breeze at all is welcome .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement