Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

MadYaker wrote: »
    This is mad stuff altogether. MetEireann reporting that there’s no change in sight. It’s great and all but how long before we start having serious water supply issues?

From what I've read, it's not a problem for right now, but it puts us in a water deficit that is usually not recouped until well into the winter, and this year could push that even further. The supply issues, if they were to come, probably wouldn't happen until September or so. The restrictions we're seeing now are to manage supply/demand so as it mitigate the knock on effects for later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks good up to about the 16th July, slight chance of a slight break in conditions around the 17th-18th July then there appears to be another reload building after that.

it is entirely possible that all of July could continue warm, settled and sunny. I reckon we're bound to get a thunder outbreak at some stage tho.

jeepers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

26.1 at 11:20 after a brief respite on sunday up here where it reached a dizzying 17 we seem to be back up (SW Donegal)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another pleasant day here at 21C. Yesterday's high at Dunshaughlin reached 23C, it may reach that temperature again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

The end of the fine weather is potentially coming into view now,in the form of a thundery low from biscay,bringing phenomenal plume heat to france and possibly England,temperatures would in contrast be falling sharply in Oireland,as the atlantic pig muck breaks through.
    Looks unsettled there after.

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

ukprec.png

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks good up to about the 16th July, slight chance of a slight break in conditions around the 17th-18th July then there appears to be another reload building after that.

it is entirely possible that all of July could continue warm, settled and sunny. I reckon we're bound to get a thunder outbreak at some stage tho.
    The end of the fine weather is potentially coming into view now,in the form of a thundery low from biscay,bringing phenomenal plume heat to france and possibly England,temperatures would in contrast be falling sharply in Oireland,as the atlantic pig muck breaks through.

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

ukprec.png

urm....

is that the slight break?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

ukprec.png

That thundery low was supposed to hit us the weekend just gone so I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

FI + GFS 06z = Great combination :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

That belongs in the FI thread because it’s so far into FI it will only confuse people. Also contrast those 06z charts to the 00z, huge changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

[IMG][/img]2gu0enm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

ukprec.png
    Barometer seems to be heading backwards as well,so they must be something in the air

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yep all the scenarios such as reloads or break downs are well out in unreliable time frame. The next week is more or less guaranteed to be very good, after that anything can happen.

My preferred scenario is a continuation of very warm conditions into August with a few thundery showers to water the ground. The last thing I want to see is the Atlantic barging back in mid July leading to a possibly unsettled and cool second half of summer. The break down will eventually hit us but another month of current conditions would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

fepper wrote: »
    Barometer seems to be heading backwards as well,so they must be something in the air

That's more than a week away and the pressure lowering on the barometer was expected for this week because the atmosphere is becoming slack for a time from Wednesday to Friday which will bring the onset of some isolated showers to parts (not all) but then the Azores throws up another ridge from the weekend onwards to create an Omega block which will again be difficult to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

dashoonage wrote: »
    ive a weeks holidays on the 14th...hope it holds!

I'm off for the next 2 weeks. Costa del Irlanda here I'll stay.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

There were 15 days at Dublin airport that didn't top 20C in June and 11 at Phoenix Park, whose station is at the very western extremity of the park. It was a spectacular month throughout but no point trying to massage the figures, Dublin and the northern section of the east coast were amongst the coldest places in the country last month.

It's been perfect for me so I'm not complaining but to get real heat we'd want the high to move just to our west to get rid of the never-ending easterly breeze
    And that pattern appears to be continuing into July, 19.4c here at the moment.
    Of course it will feel HOT in a well sheltered sun trap but accurate readings are not taken in well sheltered sun traps.

last week it was looking like the east would experience the higher temperatures this week, this hasn't happened yet but it may happen over the weekend . The Sea breezes currently still knocking several degrees off the temperatures across much of Greater Dublin area.

But Dublin and surrounding counties should see an increase in temperatures over the next few days, particularly into the weekend with 25/26C possible in Dublin City during Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

There were 15 days at Dublin airport that didn't top 20C in June and 11 at Phoenix Park, whose station is at the very western extremity of the park. It was a spectacular month throughout but no point trying to massage the figures, Dublin and the northern section of the east coast were amongst the coldest places in the country last month.

It's been perfect for me so I'm not complaining but to get real heat we'd want the high to move just to our west to get rid of the never-ending easterly breeze
    Of course it will feel HOT in a well sheltered sun trap but accurate readings are not taken in well sheltered sun traps.
    Its 21 degrees at phoenix park according to met eireann website, that's at only 1pm so could go a good bit warmer than that later today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

1pm, getting very warm in the west again

Shannon 26 degrees
    Athenry 25
    Mace head 25
    Moore park 25
    Claremorris,Newport,MtDillon 24 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

When you're out in the garden enjoying the weather, do you sit in a well shaded area wrapped in a solar radiator shield?

so you agree that it's hot then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

dashoonage wrote: »
    ive a weeks holidays on the 14th...hope it holds!

I'm off for the next 2 weeks. Costa del Irlanda here I'll stay.:)
    I just booked next week off after getting a nice late deal. Amazing to be able to guarantee good weather on a home vacation! And I detest airports and flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Roscrea - 10 consecutive days of 25°C +

Seven Worlds will Collide

not sure we will reach 23C today. Temperatures being held back more than yesterday due to the breeze. Currently 20C, this time yesterday it was 22C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

In other; anyone around N.Dublin? Seems like a fire of sorts has kicked off. Santry area; could just be commercial but not sure. Kermit??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

26.2C in Castlebar currently, looks like regular service has been resumed after a cooler and breezier last two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

So the east has had a break and the west has had a break from the heat, still haven’t had a “break” down here in the south. Roasting again and I’m delighted we haven’t had a “break” yet :D

2pm

Shannon 26
    Newport 26
    Mace head 26
    Claremorris,Gurteen,Athenry,Moorepark 25 degrees.

John.Icy wrote: »
    In other; anyone around N.Dublin? Seems like a fire of sorts has kicked off. Santry area; could just be commercial but not sure. Kermit??

2pm met reports,Dublin reporting SMOKE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

It is safe to say that Shannon has won this heatwave event. They seem to top the list almost every single time. It is a real shame though that Kilkenny city is not tracked by way of Met Ireland stations. I have been there a lot and it does tend to get very warm and I reckon it may have edged Shannon on a lot of the days if it there was a weather station there to track temps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

John.Icy wrote: »

There's a large grassland fire in the Oscar Traynor Road/Clonshaugh Industrial Estate area. Several units of DFB are in attendance. I could clearly see the smoke from it from the Inchicore area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement