Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just a tad warm in France next week as we start to see the plume move up towards us. How far will it get?

This is the GFS so you'd imagine >42 degrees in a variety of places if this verified. (The record high in Bordeaux is 40.7, Barcelona surprisingly only 38.2)

192-778.GIF?03-12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Will the rain ever return we will be a desert in no time by this rate its been so ridiculously dry I've never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ECM on Saturday conducive to the highest temperatures in the east with the wind off shore. Could be the highest temperatures of this period so far for Dublin in fact.

28 on Saturday seems to be target in the east.

iconeu_uk1-41-93-0.png?03-23

Could break 30 somewhere in the east/southeast on Sunday...

iconeu_uk1-41-117-0.png?03-23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

George Lee reporting on RTE News that data released by Met Eireann
    this evening shows its been the driest and sunniest June in over 70 years.

[IMG][/img]nc707.jpg

• Advertisement

There is a big difference between the eastern half of the country and the western half in terms of the visual effect of a lack of precipitation on the grass and fauna. This visual impact will spread to other areas undoubtedly in the next few days as the very warm/hot weather returns from Friday.

still relatively lush grass here in the west of Mayo.

[IMG][/img]35be6g6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I cant cope. How much are flights to greenland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Mutant z wrote: »
    Will the rain ever return we will be a desert in no time by this rate its been so ridiculously dry I've never seen anything like it.

Yes it will rain again. In fact one day you won’t believe this epic weather ever happened!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

mg1982 wrote: »
    I cant cope. How much are flights to greenland.

I hope this is sarcasm!!

We may never see a summer like this for another 30/40 years, lets appreciate what we have.:)

And with a Ryanair strike looming too.
    Its ideal for a staycation

• Advertisement

Zeek12 wrote: »
    I hope this is sarcasm!!

We may never see a summer like this for another 30/40 years, lets appreciate what we have.:)

Some people genuinely can't cope with this kind of weather, nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Zeek12 wrote: »
    I hope this is sarcasm!!

Ah you can have your awful warm dry summers as long as we get our lovely cold and snowy winters ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Passed Kildare Town at 21.30 hrs, car temperature read 18 celsius.
    Passed through M50 toll at Castleknock at 22.10 hrs, car temperature read 19 celsius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

The sunsets continue to impress. Magical colours. Wonderful. We are being spoiled.

sideswipe wrote: »
    Yes it will rain again. In fact one day you won’t believe this epic weather ever happened!!!!

And then comments like such will come again:

"Summers aren't as good as they used to be. Boo hiss"

"Summer 2018 was awesome! Why can't we have Summers like it more often?"

You see such comments in relation to 1995 at the current moment even though 1995 at the time was also very dry and suffered similar problems to 2018. 1994-95 was a very wet Winter. I can guarantee that 2018 will be given hella praise come a good few years afterwards especially when we get a 2007-09 and 2011-12 type run of Summers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Villain wrote: »
    Ah you can have your awful warm dry summers as long as we get our lovely cold and snowy winters ;)

No problem with that at all :)

What I love about 2018 is that we actually got real distinctive seasons.

The usual Irish weather comprises of one continuous season....otherwise known as damp and windy....with just some temperature variance....but basically the same weather blending from one season to the next.

So this is how much of the rest of Europe actually lives? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

The sunsets continue to impress. Magical colours. Wonderful. We are being spoiled.

It better still be like this monday when I get home!!!!!

km79 wrote: »
    It better still be like this monday when I get home!!!!!

GFSOPEU18_144_1.png

It will be hot and desolate on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

^ Is it too early to predict if the pattern will hold till Friday 13th in Dublin, Kermie?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Ireland and UK having sweltering weather and drought warnings and England football team winning a penalty shootout:eek:. Truly the apocalypse is nigh.

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    ^ Is it too early to predict if the pattern will hold till Friday 13th in Dublin, Kermie?

I'd say more than likely. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Farmer2017

I'd say more than likely. :cool:

When do you a breakdown will happen??

Farmer2017 wrote: »
    When do you a breakdown will happen??

Could be the 3rd week of July is safest bet but that's completely unknowable.

What chances of thunder showers in this spell

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Farmer2017 wrote: »
    What chances of thunder showers in this spell

Completely unknown, much too far away to tell.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Completely unknown, much too far away to tell.

As I no I a farmer Nd others like me is desperate for rain. Thank u all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Are the charts showing it as possible? Must admit I'm loving the sunshine and excuse to use lots of sunscreen so I'm optimistic that it doesn't.

Call me Al wrote: »
    Are the charts showing it as possible? Must admit I'm loving the sunshine and excuse to use lots of sunscreen so I'm optimistic that it doesn't.

Tbh call me al firefighters, Irish water are all shouting for rain... too many forest fires and won’t b before long til lives in danger with these forest fires.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

WEB_radar5_201807040000.png

Wohoo!

Doh! False alarm - anaprop!

• Advertisement

Call me Al wrote: »

The best thing to do is to stick to 144hrs (5 days) out. Anything beyond is stretching reasonable forecasting.

High pressure is firmly in control at that stage so hedging your bets on some phantom change 10 days out is never a good idea. Too many variables.

It could change drastically. It may not change at all.

Impossible to call anything beyond a week in this situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement