Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Don't the Aussies have chocolate that's less melty in the summer heat, whatever ingredients they add to it? They would know.

They do actually but I wouldn’t be mad about it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the east doing very well with temperatures this morning. 23C at my location.

Oak Park and Casement both at 24C.

Phoenix Park, Mullingar, Dunsany, Mt Dillon, Gurteen and Ballyhaise all at 23C.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Zeek12 wrote: »
    I hope this is sarcasm!!

We may never see a summer like this for another 30/40 years, lets appreciate what we have.:)

And with a Ryanair strike looming too.
    Its ideal for a staycation

Its not really enjoyable at all when you're in a stuffy office all day :(

Cloud has bubbled up here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

22.1C in Castlebar at the moment, lovely blue skies but twice as humid as this time yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Feels much warmer in SW Dublin today because no breeze to keep it cooler .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

High of 24.3c so far at my station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Don't the Aussies have chocolate that's less melty in the summer heat, whatever ingredients they add to it? They would know.

Yes which is why Australian chocolate tastes a bit like wax if you're not used to it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Just nudging 25c at midday in Durrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Google weather still pushing a 50% chance of showers this afternoon. Anyone else see it like that? South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Oak Park hit 25.1c at 12:00 making it the eleventh consecutive day with heatwave conditions (day with 25c or more) at the station. Turning into Ireland's longest heatwave since Birr's 14 heatwave days in August 1976.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I just hope the pollen count goes down. I am absolutely driven crazy with hay fever. It's so bad it's coming across more like an extremely bad head cold. My nose is running, sinuses throbbing with a bad headache and I've developed a bad cough!

I took antihistamines and a steroid nasal spray and it's only helped a bit. I've literally had to resort to sitting in the car as the AC and pollen filters really helped!

Never had hay fever like this before. Absolutely miserable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

25C at noon in Casement already. I suspect this could be one of the warmer days for the Dublin area so far.   It felt a lot warmer/heavier even at 8am this morning walking to work along the Liffey Quays when usually the breeze keeps things temperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

EdgeCase wrote: »
    I just hope the pollen count goes down. I am absolutely driven crazy with hay fever. It's so bad it's coming across more like an extremely bad head cold. My nose is running, sinuses throbbing with a bad headache and I've developed a bad cough!

I took antihistamines and a steroid nasal spray and it's only helped a bit. I've literally had to resort to sitting in the car as the AC and pollen filters really helped!

You're hayfever symptoms seem pretty normal to me. Myself and my partner suffer as you describe, and worse, during pollen season. I've noticed that there has been a lessening of symptoms in recent days so hopefully the worst is over for the season.

Meanwhile in North Kildare, some cloud is now building however it is still getting the warmest in a while. 25.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

After a calm early morning, the sea breeze has well and truly kicked in with a vengeance on the coast. Dublin Bay buoy is reporting 14knts, its similar in Balbriggan right now.
    19C, feeling pleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

highdef wrote: »
    You're hayfever symptoms seem pretty normal to me. Myself and my partner suffer as you describe, and worse, during pollen season. I've noticed that there has been a lessening of symptoms in recent days so hopefully the worst is over for the season.

Meanwhile in North Kildare, some cloud is now building however it is still getting the warmest in a while. 25.4c

Yeah. I was in bits with it for weeks but have been ok the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Cloudy in ballyconnelly Galway about 16c. Anyone know will the clouds clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

23 degrees at Cork Airport. It’s not reporting any chance of rain in its TAF atm!

In my area of cork city it’s around 25 degrees with broken cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Oak Park hit 25.1c at 12:00 making it the eleventh consecutive day with heatwave conditions (day with 25c or more) at the station. Turning into Ireland's longest heatwave since Birr's 14 heatwave days in August 1976.

Long odds on to beat the 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

EdgeCase wrote: »

Can you wear a mask? ie a surgical mask? I am having to re infections and the same idea..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well compared to 5am this morning it's cloudier now in Cork. I don't see any rain yet but there is cloud around. I don't know the temp or even how it feels outside but it doesn't look cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's 24.8C now in Glasnevin, and not much of a breeze noticeable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

26C now at Dunshaughlin, making today the warmest day here since last Thursday and tied second warmest day of the year so far.

Plenty of small cumulus about here. Must get my rain dance on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

pad199207 wrote: »
    Plenty of small cumulus about here. Must get my rain dance on
    About post this, cloudiest day yet here on kildare/Laois border still 26c when the sun makes an appearance. Some of the cloud is even looking dark :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

not a cloud to be seen down in the IFSC

lunch al fresco the way it should be

It has to be said that the two months of sun has done wonders for the ladies...

clouds starting to appear here now, hopefully there won't be many more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Anyone use the wunderground app ? I am finding it the most reliable and is bang on most days. It takes info from your nearest on line weather station. It probably depends on your location but I am lucky as someone has weatherstation about 2km from me..
    I have my own little cheap one in garden but I doubt it’s very reliable...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

1 pm

Casement 25.5
    Oak Park 25.4
    Mullingar, Ballyhaise 25.3
    Shannon 22.4, wind southwesterly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

For the hay fever sufferers, boots do a nasal "spray" (really just a vegetable-based a powder) that I've found to be a great help. Supposedly it works by blocking pollen from entering the nostrils. Sounds a bit strange I know but might be worth a go for any of you looking for some extra relief. It stops the runny nose if nothing else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement