Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The small clouds that were in the sky here a while ago have pretty much disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

not sure what the temperature is but feels really warm here in Kilkenny. Definitely feels like it is up around 27 degrees or so

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Xenji wrote: »
    22.1C in Castlebar at the moment, lovely blue skies but twice as humid as this time yesterday.

Did you get the smoke haze we had out here? Gone now but quite dramatic... West Mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

For the hay fever sufferers, boots do a nasal "spray" (really just a vegetable-based a powder) that I've found to be a great help. Supposedly it works by blocking pollen from entering the nostrils. Sounds a bit strange I know but might be worth a go for any of you looking for some extra relief. It stops the runny nose if nothing else.

A similar trick and probably cheaper than boots is to put some vaseline around the outside of your nostrils. It'll stop pollen getting through too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Will it or won’t it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Netweather's forecast for Dublin seems a little insane:

454911.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Now up to 28c here in Kildare and feels every bit of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

SeaFields wrote: »
    A similar trick and probably cheaper than boots is to put some vaseline around the outside of your nostrils. It'll stop pollen getting through too.

I tried that one as well and ended up with Vaseline coming out of my nose so had to give it up for the sake of those around me. That said, it's definitely just as effective and I should have mentioned it too.

I see 26 degrees at Casement in Dublin at 1pm. Phoenix park approaching 25. Clearly much warmer in the east today. looking like the east could be very warm this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I see 26 degrees at Casement in Dublin at 1pm. Phoenix park approaching 25. Clearly much warmer in the east today. looking like the east could be very warm this weekend

Certainly doesn't feel like 25c here in the park at the moment. There's a lovely gentle breeze cooling me down nicely as I sun myself on my lunch break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

RobertKK wrote: »
    I was in Death Valley when the temperature was close to 49C. Very dry heat but being sensible made it bearable, drinking lots of water regularly, wearing a hat, sunscreen but also regularly into air conditioned buildings and vehicles.
    It will be very serious in the Iberian peninsula and even southern France with those projected temperatures but sensible measures will save lives.

Same story I had there too. Once it hit 40 degrees I couldn't tell the difference the we hit 50 degrees. It's almost like my body couldn't understand temperature about a certain range. Basically it's hot and i'm dying in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Would you call east cork and west Waterford the east coast or the south coast??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hit 27c around 1.30pm in Durrow. That's 11 days of 25c+ in a row. Cloud bubbling up with ease today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

This is the very prediction that climate change people were saying would happen. It will be interesting to see if it is a once off or more part of a longer term pattern. Last summer was also very dry but we didn't have the sun.

That will have serious consequences economically. Dairy is predicated on water plus sunshine, not the one on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Would you call east cork and west Waterford the east coast or the south coast??

As those areas are more or less flat bang in the middle of the south coast, I've no idea how you are thinking they are on the east coast. Have you had a look at a map recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

"All of next week"

The UKMO are continuing to be bullish on settled conditions.

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status/1014499763977408512

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

not sure what the temperature is but feels really warm here in Kilkenny. Definitely feels like it is up around 27 degrees or so

It's the humidity which is the real issue today, horrid! I'm working mornings only on "heat and safety" grounds! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

I’ve hit 29.0c now on Kildare. I suspect an over read

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My weather station touched 28.0C at 14.08
    Then it got cloudier and currently 26.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's the humidity which is the real issue today, horrid! I'm working mornings only on "heat and safety" grounds! :)

The humidity doesn't seem exceptional here at 50% which is about what it was the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Oak Park's record longest heatwave is 10 days from 14-23 August 1995.
    Not anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Big clouds visible to the west over Kildare, still totally sunny in Dublin but they look to be getting closer. Sky looks tropical with big hazy cbs building in the distance

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Clouds are building up quite readily here in Kilkenny.
    From clear blue skies earlier to cloudy skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

28 degrees at mount Dillon. Sounds like 30 degrees could be hit again this weekend according to met eireann. Apparently the heatwave due to last at least another 10 days. just phenomenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I recon somewhere is going to get a few showers this evening...it’s threatening it here since lunch time. No breeze and big grey heavy looking clouds..
    Will be lucky to get away with no rain today..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Echo east of Fermoy. First rain. Showers developing more widely in Munster/Leinster this evening. Could be slow moving and locally heavy.

Echo east of Fermoy. First rain. Showers developing more widely in Munster/Leinster this evening. Could be slow moving and locally heavy.
    Met Eireanns rainfall radar showing absolutely nothing. One of the lead stories in the Irish times saying that Gerald Fleming of met eireann has said looks like little if any rain for the next 10 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Where can I buy a portable A/C unit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Some drops of rain in Carlow, would hardly wet the path but rain none the less  ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement