Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Any precipitation that does fall today will be snow above around 3000 m amsl...

Will it stick though?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

bit cloudy in sodub atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

so does that mean in my garden? at 8pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Big shower growing in intensity and almost static between millstreet and macroom.

Some sferics too.

Sat24.com

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

" runs to shop to stock up on bread "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got up to 26.2C in Castlebar today at lunchtime but has dropped down to 20.3C, despite no breeze nor clouds temperatures dropped very quickly today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Nothing much on the radar but some very black looking skies to my south east

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Quick, somebody contact the ERU.

The water must be protected and transported to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Mostly clear sky but some cloud, mostly to the south. It's 24.2C now - the earlier high was 26.2C. That stiffish easterly breeze feels quite pleasant here today, even in the shade.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

can see the distant bank of cloud to my south and west all afternoon but it hasn't made it this far yet. Sun still blaring and temperatures still warm with a peasant 25C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

And they say we don't get snow..

All we need to to is build a replica of the Saudi Kingdom tower on top of Carrontoohil, then a Burj Khalifa on top of that, followed by dismantling and rebuilding the Kippure mast on the roof.

On top of all that put up a 5m flagpole and the top metre of the flag will be snowy.

Then of course some sort of elaborate collection and distribution device.

Easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've seen no rain in my area of Cork City. Any rain in the parish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Quick, somebody contact the ERU.

The water must be protected and transported to Dublin.

Sounds like a job for the Road Warrior to protect the water tankers from the inevitable hockey masked, codpiece wearing roving terrorising motorbike gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I was in Kilkenny earlier and didn't see the rain that people were mentioning here and certainly no rain in Dublin today. Incidentally anyone know what date did rain last fall in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I was in Kilkenny earlier and didn't see the rain that people were mentioning here and certainly no rain in Dublin today. Incidentally anyone know what date did rain last fall in Dublin?

20th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

really? it feels so much longer ago than that. I thought it was more early June. Of course that being said rain could have fallen during the night and you wouldn't even know. The last rain that I can actually recall was early June. only 4mm fell in the whole month of June so the showers must have been so light you wouldn't even have noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

really? it feels so much longer ago than that. I thought it was more early June. Of course that being said rain could have fallen during the night and you wouldn't even know. The last rain that I can actually recall was early June. only 4mm fell in the whole month of June so the showers must have been so light you wouldn't even have noticed!
    There was morning rain on the 20th as Sryan mentioned. I think that means if it doesn't rain tomorrow it will be an absolute drought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Lucreto wrote: »
    One of the houses near where I work in Ballsbridge just finish getting the front garden landscaped. They brought in rolls of green grass and they have been watering it up to the hose pipe ban.

It doesn't look good with the the surrounding houses with dying grass and theirs as green as it could be.

In fairness you can hardly blame them, it's expensive to get done and you have to water it while it settles in or you'll be relaying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Glorious in Waterford. I'm lying on Kilfarrassy beach writing this, long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Lashing rain here in North Cork, smell of the dust is unreal, I can hear the farmers singing_in_the_rain 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Short hot shower here in Thurles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Lashing rain here in North Cork, smell of the dust is unreal, I can hear the farmers singing_in_the_rain ��

Any thunder or lightning? It has gone very dark in my area of west Cork and looks like rain is not far away, it is quite a novelty to see it again after so long an absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Artane2002 wrote: »
    There was morning rain on the 20th as Sryan mentioned. I think that means if it doesn't rain tomorrow it will be an absolute drought?

15 consecutive days, so if there is less than 0.1mm tomorrow up to midnight then yes

The rain on 20th was only 0.2mm (thanks Sryan for the link to MÉ data) so if you can overlook the technicality of the extra 0.1mm we've essentially been in absolute drought since the 17th (0.4mm) and before that the 16th (2.4mm)
    Any thunder or lightning? It has gone very dark in my area of west Cork and looks like rain is not far away, it is quite a novelty to see it again after so long an absence.

Some lightning in Cork according to NW (click "lighting on" up the top)
    Edit: oops, link now included https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Looks like heavy thundery rain in the area that the ECM was predicting last night in North cork area. Still no rain in the City and bright with only a few clouds in my area of West cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

No thundery activity. It's a light drizzle now with that big yellow round hot ball making its appearance again phew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Synop maxima today:

Gurteen, Ballyhaise 27.5
    Mullingar 27 4
    Oak Park 26.7
    Casement 26.2
    Claremorris 25.9
    Knock 25.1
    Dublin Airport 24.2
    Shannon, Cork airports 23.6
    Belmullet 17.6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Drove from Newbridge to Mountmellick. Could see a bank of dark cloud from South of Slieve Bloom and across. Appeared to be tinged by a large fire somewhere down between Clonaslee, Birr, Clareen maybe.
    A lot of cloud cover in Mountmellick now. None in Tullamore all day. Typical of Slieve Bloom effect.
    Pitch dark cloud bank has produced 10 minutes of heavy drops. A light shower essentially.
    Looks especially ominous towards Ballyfin/Mountrath. Ie thunder purple. We shall see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Looks like heavy thundery rain in the area that the ECM was predicting last night in North cork area. Still no rain in the City and bright with only a few clouds in my area of West cork.

Some pretty heavy stuff heading for the city right now

Light rain shower over the south side of Cork City a few minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Looking at the radar it seems areas around mid Cork got a good drenching for about 2 hours this evening. Badly needed for many around there.

I wonder how quickly we could go from a hose ban to reduced pressure and cutoffs with the forecast still being very good. I presume a lot of businesses/factories would need a certain water pressure. We could be walking to wells yet!

Most farmers I presume have their own wells sunk?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement