Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Met eireann still saying no end in sight for the dry weather into next week. Its bordering on unbelievable and ridiculous at this point. Has there ever been a more sustained dry spell as this, I remember the great summer of 95 but this feels endless. I know there have been a few showers of rain in May and June but from a Dublin perspective, I can think of maybe 3 times that I can recall rain since the start of May. That is nearly 2 1/2 months and now met eireann saying the warm weather (though less hot than before coming next week) and dry spell could last at least another 7-10 days.
    All this after crazy snowfall in February and March and a hurricane towards the end of last year. Hard to get the head around the extremes we are experiencing over the past year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The sun has just come out here in Glasnevin. It's still mostly cloudy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

In the very very North of Kildare, I'm lying on a sunbed. Sun is out about 75% of the time and clouds are breaking further as time passes. Even when the sun is behind cloud, it's still warm enough to be very comfortable despite me wearing virtually nothing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Sun has come out in Lucan in the last fifteen minutes and the temperature feels like it's cranked up a bit. Feels a good bit more hunid than earlier this morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some big clouds developing here now with the heat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Sooo when is the heatwave coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Drizzling in cork city :o

EDIT: Heavy rain now

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

The most Irish summer day ever in south Dublin, the holiday vibes have gone. I'd imagine the 40 foot is a bit bleak atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

shakeitoff wrote: »
    The most Irish summer day ever in south Dublin, the holiday vibes have gone. I'd imagine the 40 foot is a bit bleak atm

Give it about 30 minutes, the cloud is burning off nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Up on the Hill of Tara,sun's out and it's damn warm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun tried it's best to get going about half an hour ago with a few glimpses of sunshine, but slate grey again.

RTE Lunchtime forecast mentioned the risk of showers in Leinster during the afternoon.

They also mentioned a more humid muggy night to come.

Mixture of cloud and sunny spells tomorrow with a chance of sea fog on eastern coasts during the morning. Temperatures peaking at 26C tomorrow and possibly 27C on Sunday.

RTE forecast finishes off by saying cooler over the northern half of the country from Monday with high teens/low 20s and up to the mid 20s in the south.

Not much mention of rain or a breakdown in their forecasts yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Seems to be some differences across the country, even the city.

Cloudy here, north Dublin, but light white cloud, so light the blue sky is visible behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

Sun is out in d9 feeling warm long may it continue

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Seems to be some differences across the country, even the city.

Cloudy here, north Dublin, but light white cloud, so light the blue sky is visible behind.

Sun just come out in D 24 . Bright and warm again

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Sun just come out in D 24 . Bright and warm again

Ditto in Dublin 16. 23.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Met eireann still saying no end in sight for the dry weather into next week. Its bordering on unbelievable and ridiculous at this point. Has there ever been a more sustained dry spell as this, I remember the great summer of 95 but this feels endless. I know there have been a few showers of rain in May and June but from a Dublin perspective, I can think of maybe 3 times that I can recall rain since the start of May. That is nearly 2 1/2 months and now met eireann saying the warm weather (though less hot than before coming next week) and dry spell could last at least another 7-10 days.
    All this after crazy snowfall in February and March and a hurricane towards the end of last year. Hard to get the head around the extremes we are experiencing over the past year

I can recall 1976 clearly because I was a youngster at the time. We had weeks of continuous sunshine and no rain whatsoever.

If you look at some of the footage from that years Wimbledon tournament, you'll see that the courts were more lay clay than grass that year. Grass had virtually disappeared that year, and it was well into August when we started to get rain showers. But 1976 was exceptional, just like 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

July 1976 wasn't very sunny in Ireland contrary to popular belief.

Very sunny now in Dublin 13.

RTÉ Archives seem to have uploaded new 1976 footage: https://www.rte.ie/archives/2018/0706/976813-irelands-hottest-day/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The cloud has cleared here in Glasnevin and it's mostly sunny now. The temperature's rising too. It's now 22.8C.

lovely and warm and sunny in Drogheda :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

sun beating down now in Dublin 8, lovely stuff and you can feel the temp rising a bit too. lovely day now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Finally got the weather station working again. Currently 25.4c in the back garden in Lucan.
    Pressure 1022mb
    Humidity 58%
    Feels like 30c

Was everyone too worried so much about a break from the sun next week that they forgot about this weekend? Cloudy now with sunny spells for the foreseeable according to MT.

Gutted.

perspective, perspective, its still beautiful Summer weather , we've been so lucky, lots to be happy about :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Fully overcast with medium density cloud and quite muggy in Cork city centre. Still quite warm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Day 13 of the heatwave in Tullow as my station hits 25.4c so likely now I will see at least 15 days above 25c at my station which is just a little mad really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

24, humid, very cloudy and some light rain in Cork north West, hope it lashes like a monsoon for the night. Ye can have the sun again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Just got a prolonged sunny spell, 25.5C, the heatwave continues for another day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sun appeared here over the past hour, temperature currently 23C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Sun appeared after lunch and I got a full two hours and temps shot up so hit 25c, so heat wave continues in my garden anyway...
    Clouded over now again but very dead and heavy out ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Fantastic Day in Dublin CC

• Advertisement

back to fully cloudy here again, some dark clouds too, could be showers building.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement