Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A welcome 0.4mm after falling here this morning near Tralee. Low stratus cloud with heavy drizzle, gone more to a light mist now.

Felt very warm and muggy last night with not a breath of air. Had to leave the fan on most of the night.

17.2C atm

Rh 87%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

It’s going to be a very warm one today in Dublin and right along the east coast today. Wouldn’t be surprised if it reached 27 c. Already 22 c and it’s only 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Graces7 wrote: »
    Another glorious cloudless sky here in Wexford.
    Last night seemed to be the most uncomfortable night heat wise.

Yes I noticed the heat last night too; really oppressive
    Very warm the last two nights here in Waterford. Even the fan I had running all night didnt help. I'm not complaining. Heading to the beach soon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Glorious sunny morning in Dublin 16. 23.0c atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Tues, /Weds / Thurs the UKMO fax showing weak fronts and troughs going to produce cloud in places and light rain / drizzle. Temperatures low to mid 20's, showing more humidity at times . ECM showing the potential for weakly electrified sporadic thunderstorms perhaps around Weds( showing the S having the most chance ). Going to be contrasting conditions / temperatures depending on where there is cloud and sunshine. I suspect lots of different reports coming in next week.

myzT0Rr.gif

gtUDGRk.gif

BRwns3a.gif

• Advertisement

17.6c and fine mist here near Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very light mist in West Clare, not noticeable on surfaces and certainly not amounting to anything. 17.6c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

North east Offaly bright and sunny after an overcast start. Just back from 2 weeks in Italy, refreshing change to have lovely weather to return to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

3 days dull overcast now. Think summer is well an truly over for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Where are you ? We are sweltering in South Dublin . Could do with a dull day if I am honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Here in south dublin i can assure you , Summer is far from over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Haven’t had a full cloudy day since the start of this. North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Fairly dramatic there. It's over 20 degrees. The weather is still good, there is no rain, people like to complain for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Stuck in doors with this awful heat. Be glad to see the back of it.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Fairly dramatic there. It's over 20 degrees. The weather is still good, there is no rain, people like to complain for the sake of it.

What's dramatic, I'm saying it's dull and overcast for 3 days now which it has. Not exactly weather you'd go to the beach in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Irish_rat wrote: »

What's dramatic, I'm saying it's dull and overcast for 3 days now which it has. Not exactly weather you'd go to the beach in.

Saying “summer is over” when most of the country is still sweltering in 25 degree heat and there’s 7 weeks still to go is being dramatic.

compsys wrote: »
    Saying “summer is over” when most of the country is still sweltering in 25 degree heat and there’s 7 weeks still to go is being dramatic.

Over for a few weeks I said. The heatwave and days of unbroken sunshine are gone. A light drizzle falling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Over for a few weeks I said. The heatwave and days of unbroken sunshine are gone. A light drizzle falling now.

No drizzle in Dublin 13, lovely blue skies and feeling gloriously warm.

EDIT: Now turning cloudy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Yes but most of the country is still in sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Omg its raining :eek: this is the ireland we now live in :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

New station record here, 29.1 a short while ago, far and away the hottest here of this warm spell, amazing!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Mod Note: Back on topic please. There are posts here that are bordering on being trolling ,goading and looking for a negative reaction bringing the thread off topic. Warning will be issued if continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Feeling very very humid today. Literally no breeze to speak of to take the edge off the warmth, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

About as hot as it's felt during this summer in Dublin today, even though there's a lot of broken cloud. It's the kind of heat you can swim in, it feels like it's pushing down on your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

The east is defiantly getting the sun at the moment, its 20deg in Macroom overcast with a light breeze...haven't seen sunshine since it rained for over 2hrs last Thursday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mod Note:Warning will be issued if continues.

Maybe it's the weather but I read the last bit as Warming will be issued.:):)

A bit of cloud has appeared in Wexford after none earlier,sky looks like a kids painting,mostly blue with big fluffy clouds dotted around,still extremely warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Over in London for the weekend and is hot hot hot. Funny thing all the people I know over here are acting like it's the first bit of good weather they've had all year. And listen to them you'd swear the never got good weather. I always thought they had it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

We had epic warm weather the last few weeks in the West. Long may it last. Let it rain at night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feeling very warm here but once again like yesterday it's mostly cloudy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Very warm here in Clondalkin. My dial just hit 25.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement