Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Has Met E given out any high UV warnings this summer? I definitely haven't heard any, you would think they would have warnings of the dangers of sunburn/sunstroke with temperatures hitting the high 20s?
    They did on a number of there televised forcasts and also warned astma suffers and people with breading problems about ozone levels been high

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Has Met E given out any high UV warnings this summer? I definitely haven't heard any, you would think they would have warnings of the dangers of sunburn/sunstroke with temperatures hitting the high 20s?

several times on broadcasts last week
    36223442_2154524654564646_4069360837263884288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=0240b73662878829862d2864640f7fc9&oe=5BE11E53

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Roches point 24C at 7pm
    That must be close to record stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Roches point 24C at 7pm
    That must be close to record stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    It was fairly sunny here in Glasnevin yesterday with a high of 25.5C.

That’s nice. Unfortunately many place didn’t go above low 20s and barely saw the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Only for the breeze in cork city it would be a Manky warm evening. The breeze is helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Even under broken cloud, it was a bakeoff in Glendalough today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

They used to show UV levels on the map in the rte and bbc forecasts years ago..I dont see them doing it anymore...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

_Dara_ wrote: »
    That’s nice. Unfortunately many place didn’t go above low 20s and barely saw the sun.

You're spoiled when youre disappointed with temperatures in the low twenties!
    Im right on the east coast, and there hasnt been a temperature higher than 26C in nearly 30years!
    We were mostly in the low twenties for the last 2 weeks, occasionally high teens, when the rest of country was baking.
    The heatwave has eased, but it has eased back to what would be considered decent weather in a bad summer. We shouldn't forget how cool and wet it can be at this time of year.

We get you had a horrible weekend.... others had a great weekend . Time to move on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Another stunning day in Waterford City with full sunshine and a Max Temp of 28.2c at my station. The second Highest Temp ever recorded at my station in 8 years of recording data.

www.waterfordweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

heading up to bundoran for the week and coming home friday. yr.no has the weather as likely to be wet particularly Wednesday and Thursday.

would the experts here agree with that assessment? we're trying to plan clothes packing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

15th day of heatwave conditions at my location.
    Since 24th June the lowest high temperature in that period has been 25.4C.
    For July so far the average mean high temperature is 26.6C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Left Galway this morning around 11am and it was 17 degrees, when I reached dublin bout two hours later it was 25 degrees. Stopped close to enfield and it was so warm there. The blast of heat when I got out of the car, was like opening the door of an oven. The humidity made it feel even warmer today. Beautiful day in dublin

You're spoiled when youre disappointed with temperatures in the low twenties!
    Im right on the east coast, and there hasnt been a temperature higher than 26C in nearly 30years!
    We were mostly in the low twenties for the last 2 weeks, occasionally high teens, when the rest of country was baking.
    The heatwave has eased, but it has eased back to what would be considered decent weather in a bad summer. We shouldn't forget how cool and wet it can be at this time of year.

I’m sorry but low 20s temperatures are very normal in summer. 20 or 21 is nothing notable. Or 22.

I think you have to wrong about that 26c stat. I very much doubt that. I see you’re in Dublin. Yeah, that stat has to be wrong. I’ve lives in Dublin on and off for 15 years and have experienced high 20s temperatures a fair bit.

In Dublin, during the hot spell it was hitting the mid-20s every day with blue skies apart from the first day when it took until the afternoon for the clouds to clear.

The weather I experienced in the west this weekend was not particularly nice and wouldn’t be classed as decent. And like I said, some stations’ highest temperatures skirted around the 20 degree mark which is bang average. In bed on Friday night, I actually felt a bit chilly!

We get you had a horrible weekend.... others had a great weekend . Time to move on

Firstly, you’re not a mod so kindly don’t speak to me like one. Ta.

Secondly, people were actually quite dismissive towards a few people on the thread who were reporting less-than-perfect weather conditions.

It’s absolutely valid to point that we are not really in heatwave conditions anymore other than localised areas when temperatures are bang average in many areas with plenty of cloud cover.

So no, I won’t move on. :) And it’s not your place to tell me to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I’m sorry but low 20s temperatures are very normal in summer. 20 or 21 is nothing notable. Or 22.

I think you have to wrong about that 26c stat. I very much doubt that. I see you’re in Dublin. Yeah, that stat has to be wrong. I’ve lives in Dublin on and off for 15 years and have experienced high 20s temperatures a fair bit.

In Dublin, during the hot spell it was hitting the mid-20s every day with blue skies apart from the first day when it took until the afternoon for the clouds to clear.

The weather I experienced in the west this weekend was not particularly nice and wouldn’t be classed as decent. And like I said, some stations’ highest temperatures skirted around the 20 degree mark which is bang average. In bed on Friday night, I actually felt a bit chilly!

The average July high in mayo is 18C.

Anyway as most reports show here the rest of the country did well.

Firstly, you’re not a mod so kindly don’t speak to me like one. Ta.

Secondly, people were actually quite dismissive towards a few people on the thread who were reporting less-than-perfect weather conditions.

It’s absolutely valid to point that we are not really in heatwave conditions anymore other than localised areas when temperatures are bang average in many areas with plenty of cloud cover.

So no, I won’t move on. :)

But whos on here saying theres a heatwave? People are reporting conditions in their location. Your just sounding like a broking record. You and your ta lol lol

The average July high in mayo is 18C.

Anyway as most reports show here the rest of the country did well.

I grew up in Mayo. 20, 21, 22 are really common. It’s not going to be every day but those numbers would be hit regularly. Claremorris and Newport Furnace frequently register those temperatures and higher

But whos on here saying theres a heatwave? People are reporting conditions in their location. Your just sounding like a broking record. You and your ta lol lol

At least I’m not backseat modding. :) And failing miserably at it.

People were giving their reports and being met with “What are you talking about? It’s scorching here!”

WTF is that about?

Er, okay? That’s... nice?

• Advertisement

Who were.give examples ?

Who were.give examples ?

No problem. You in the bolded bit. That’s not your place. It’s a mod instruction and you’re not one. You have no place instructing other posters on the forum. I’m actually going to report the post.

No problem. You in the bolded bit. That’s not your place. It’s a mod instruction and you’re not one. You have no place instructing other posters on the forum. I’m actually going to report the post.

Lol lol ta ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Bloody warm weekend in North Kildare. Actually far harder to deal with IMO than the hottest weather, I assume the humidity is what’s making it worse. Lying in bed at night praying for a breeze. 6 months pregnant and it’s too warm for me even though I normally love the heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bloody warm weekend in North Kildare. Actually far harder to deal with IMO than the hottest weather, I assume the humidity is what’s making it worse. Lying in bed at night praying for a breeze. 6 months pregnant and it’s too warm for me even though I normally love the heat!

Same in South Dublin , the humid was higher and not a puff of a breeze here today . My window is wide open and no nice breeze tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I grew up in Mayo. 20, 21, 22 are really common. It’s not going to be every day but those numbers would be hit regularly. Claremorris and Newport Furnace frequently register those temperatures and higher

Your memory must be a bit fuzzy if you think those tempratures are really common and come with regularity, since 2010 and with the exception of this year and 2013 mean summer tempratures in Mayo average between 17C-18C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Histogram coming up. :cool:

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh WE are in Carlow :D you need to move to the sunny southeast :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Humidity is a bit of a killer thankfully will be fresher here over the next few days. Fairly dull with the odd bright spell here today, thats the way its been for awhile now. Sligo.

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    Oh WE are in Carlow :D you need to move to the sunny southeast :p

Lads, ye’re such a clique. It’s very childish and unbecoming. I guess that why some of you feel cocky enough to give out mod instructions on thread.

Whatever, you make yourselves look bad. Willingly apparently. Give someone enough rope...

Oh and I come from a county that frequently posts the highest temperatures. And live in one of the driest places in the country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement