Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

RobertKK wrote: »
    Risk of forest fires has led to an orange level forest fire warning.

People are advised to not light any fires near wooded areas.

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2018/0623/972692-forest-fire/

Horrific

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

RobertKK wrote: »
    The country needs rain badly, I know some would like to shoot me for saying that. None of us want a strong Atlantic regime, the interval between the last warm spell and this one has been so disappointing in terms of rainfall, some parts of the country did well, the northern part in particular but other areas will just continue to see fields turn less and less green.
    It is a big concern and it will start affecting urban areas more too as reservoir levels continue to fall.
    We have to take what comes, and what has been happening with our weather has been exceptional.

For sure.

And we should all be mindful of conserving water supplies over the summer.
    I mean we should be doing that anyway, but especially during this very warm spell.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The ECM 12Z latest predicted temperatures. Wow, becoming a scorcher as the week goes on.

CmmBHvI.png

tEljTlt.png

00TVa4i.png

p3wunKK.png

xUGQh8Q.png

EUuhtNA.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 A Fridge too Far

No heatwave yet in Dublin 5. Just back from a cycle and it's pretty chilly in the wind, especially at the coast. Hopefully tomorrow is warmer.

Woah! :)

• Advertisement

No heatwave yet in Dublin 5. Just back from a cycle and it's pretty chilly in the wind, especially at the coast. Hopefully tomorrow is warmer.

Evenings and nights are still predicted to be a bit chilly, but as the high pressure builds, night temps are not going to go below 15C

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Cracking day in Athlone today, will we be in line for some of the high temps next week?

cyclops999 wrote: »
    Cracking day in Athlone today, will we be in line for some of the high temps next week?

I would think so!
    Lived in Athlone once, some very lovely ice cold winters and hot summers :)
    No Atlantic influence there, for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

lovely day in Sligo but only 15c because of constant NW wind every day since last heatwave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Beautiful day in Galway. Absolutely perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

RTÉ Weather said 31c was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

14.1C now with some cloud about. The high was 21.7C. There was a bit of a coolish breeze today but it was refreshing when the temperatures were higher,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hit 22c here in Wexford and it felt pleasant with a bit of a breeze. My back garden however is a real suntrap and the temperature gets even higher.
    People already saying "oh it's so hot",I wonder what they're gonna say by midweek next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

ECM ensemble chart at day 10 (late next weekend) Pressure falling to the south and west. Thundery low development possible?

ECMAVGEU12_240_1.png

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Beaut day here in Laois, I was doing a little cleanup at the front of the house this afternoon and there was no breeze and the heat in the sun felt so intense. Not sure how we will cope if its 5-6 degrees higher later in the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Arpege showing up 32º for Galway on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I'm finding it hard to get excited about this spell. An easterly flow in summer means its too chilly for a day at the seaside and a dip. One of these will be required along the east coast, also some warm clothing comes in handy when a sea fog rolls in.
    Those who don't live along the east coast take care if swimming in lakes and rivers and DEFINITELY DO NOT swim if drink has been taken!
    Today was quite chilly in the wind with the temperature around 17c which is probably slightly below average for mid-summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'm finding it hard to get excited about this spell. An easterly flow in summer means its too chilly for a day at the seaside and a dip. One of these will be required along the east coast, also some warm clothing comes in handy when a sea fog rolls in.
    Those who don't live along the east coast take care if swimming in lakes and rivers and DEFINITELY DO NOT swim if drink has been taken!
    Today was quite chilly in the wind with the temperature around 17c which is probably slightly below average for mid-summer.

I live in Portmarnock. It was not chilly today. Was a stunning blue skies day.

ME had 24 degrees in their graphic for Dublin tomorrow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Was a beautiful sunny day but there was a real chill in that breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

AWS max of 23.4c in South Laois this evening. Hardly a breeze all day, just a little west drift around 4mph. Unbroken sunshine and humidity between 38% and 42%. Beautiful. Currently 16.7c and calm with a red sky as the slight overhead haze gets illuminated in the setting sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

17c is bang on average for mid-summer.

If you fancy a house exchange for the next couple of weeks, I'm on. Would gladly take an east coast sea breeze over a motionless 28c in the swamps.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Perfect day here in Kildare. Hit 24.6c which was expected as it felt every bit of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    17c is bang on average for mid-summer.

If you fancy a house exchange for the next couple of weeks, I'm on. Would gladly take an east coast sea breeze over a motionless 28c in the swamps.

20c by the coast in Wexford town,very nice as Wexford town always seems to feel cold with the breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Was in Dublin today & was quite shocked at how brown & straw like the grass was. My grass here in Carlow is starting to yellow some but it still has some moisture left in it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max temp of 21.1c in Waterford City with hazy sunshine. Felt very warm is sunshine but cooler in the shade. The real heat arrives tomorrow so lets enjoy what that brings.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

I cannot wait for the high temperatures,here in Mayo we get rubbish weather most of the year,low cloud,mist,drizzle. Its 1112pm and its still bright with a lovely orange glow.Ramp up them temperatures,higher the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I drove down to kerry during the week and was amazed at the greenery everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Which part of the coast will be warmest tomorrow, east south or west?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Was in Dublin today & was quite shocked at how brown & straw like the grass was. My grass here in Carlow is starting to yellow some but it still has some moisture left in it.

No real rain in about six weeks really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

18z GFS showing signs of seeing extending of the very warm and settled weather pattern right through next weekend and in to the early days of the following week at least.

But it is how dry things look that I have a feeling will turn in to a concern sooner rather than later...

Next Monday, rinse and repeat...

gfs-0-210.png?18

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement