Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

Lovely clear cool night at the moment. When can we expect the first really muggy one? Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

All the classic Summers have these rinse and repeat phases ^.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

ARPEGE now getting to 32 degrees for Galway on Wednesday (it doesn't go past 114hrs):

arpegeuk-41-99-0.png?23-19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yes that has been said 3 times now in the thread ^. :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

18z GFS showing signs of seeing extending of the very warm and settled weather pattern right through next weekend and in to the early days of the following week at least.

But it is how dry things look that I have a feeling will turn in to a concern sooner rather than later...

Nice Monday, rinse and repeat...

gfs-0-210.png?18

Just 12.7mm of rain here in Waterford since May 12th, grass is yellow and burned. I'm surprised there is not much more talk of drought. Definitely the driest spell of weather iv'e ever experienced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yes that has been said 3 times now in the thread ^. :P

True, but I included picture evidence at least :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

sryanbruen wrote: »
    All the classic Summers have these rinse and repeat phases ^.

Indeed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Was in Dublin today & was quite shocked at how brown & straw like the grass was. My grass here in Carlow is starting to yellow some but it still has some moisture left in it.

Dublin City Council have curtailed their grass cutting programme in many areas. There is not much growing happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Low of 3.8c to high of 24.1c Saturday!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

at my location today was almost 4C warmer than yesterday, but yesterday's stronger sunshine and less haze felt warmer than today in general! Today's breeze also felt chillier than yesterdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Just sending the missus shopping for BBQ foodie stuff, BBQ might break >10 uses this year with the weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Just sending the missus shopping for BBQ foodie stuff, BBQ might break >10 uses this year with the weather :)

I wouldn' bother going to Lidl, my husband was there yesterday getting moss peat & said the place was jammers with people buying BBQ stuff, queues were mental.
    Due to the early warning ( thank you Boards) I stocked up on Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Already warm at this hour of the morning. The last few mornings were bright and sunny but a bit of a nip in the air,this morning is different with noticeable heat even this early in the day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

19c already in Waterford City. A totally different warmth to the last few days. Let’s see how high we get today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Already 19/20 degrees in Cork City and a clear blue sky. Oh this is brilliant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

We ain`t seen nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

20c already at 11am, already smashing yesterday's Max of 18.9c.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

21.0C here near Tralee on the coast, only a flutter of breeze, near calm. Relative Humidity very low at 59%

Have a feeling we could get slightly warmer temperatures than forecast today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Up to 21.7c now at mine, big variance in temps in 12 hours

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/1010820792861495297?s=21

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

close to 20C already at Dunshaughlin. Today is going to be very warm indeed, it already feels warmer than any point yesterday and it only after 11am!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

What a time to be alive

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Got up to 20.7c and the sea breeze has now kicked in, knocking it back to 20.3c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

22.7c now in Kildare. Gonna be a warm one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Already 22c here in South Laois!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My weather station currently reporting 23.2C, should easily make today the hottest day for my location. Current yearly high stands at 24.7C.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This happened when my father was making hay back in the 1980s. I was a child but will never forget it. It left hay in the neighbour’s field. A fairy blast...

Here is one from Kildare.
    https://twitter.com/farmersjournal/status/1010798999270502400?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I teed off at 06.30 am next door to Casement this morning and it was a stunning morning. Not a breath of wind. Some morning dew on the course but it was gone by 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah and the breeze that was there yesterday is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hard to breathe out there for the sheer blast of undiluted heat..

Maybe try round the back, oceanwards, later .. No breeze at the front just merciless heat.. Birds and bees have gone quiet.

West Mayo. offshore island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I think the temperature has peaked here for the day, it was 21c before noon and 20.4c now as the easterly breeze has picked up.
    I wouldn't fancy to be beside the seaside with that breeze picking up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement