Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Looking for 29c possible tomorrow around Carlow/Kilkenny.

My son has his sports day in Carlow tomorrow, poor kids are going to die :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It is just beautiful out there. The low humidity makes it so pleasant too.

Enjoy it everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

How is the first week of July looking at the moment, will the heatwave continue, any signs of rain??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

tanko wrote: »
    How is the first week of July looking at the moment, will the heatwave continue, any signs of rain??

Someone getting married perhaps? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

tanko wrote: »

so far first week of July looks like cooling a bit compared to this week, but still low 20s in many areas, a few showers may be possible.. There doesn't look to be anything very wet on the horizon over the next 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Someone getting married perhaps? :D

Nope, just a farmer hoping for some rain.
    Cant believe im saying that after the constant rain we had from last August to April this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,150 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is temp in sun different than temp in shade. I know they go by temp in shade, but what it temp in sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I would believe it. At least it feels that anyway.

Tbh it feels warmer but hey it’s great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I think that's an error. Dewpoint of just 1.8 is very low compared to surrounding stations (Claremorris 7.7, Knock 7.0, Shannon 9.6).

If there is an error to be have in that data, then it is down to the temp, and not the RH. Currently 24.9c here, 31% Dp 7c (rounded).

Athenry, which would more representative of here than either Knock or Shannon, had a Dp reading 6c at 3pm, with Claremorris Dp going down to 5c at earlier this afternoon, similar to here at the time.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

A few miles away, Katesbridge, Co. Down........ low humidity at 39%, never seen it as low before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

26.5c in the garden, hit 27.0c briefly but wind has picked up in last few minutes.

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Currently 24.9c here, 31% Dp 7c (rounded).

Scrap that, now 25.4c with RH down to 25% as a breeze picked up. Dp 4c.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Is this glorious weather still coming from the east like previous spell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Oak Park and Shannon now at 26

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Shannon and Oak Park reporting 26C at 4pm, several other stations including my local one of Dunsany reporting 25C.

RH down to 26% at Claremorris...

Just hit 26c here, with 24% RH. Lowest RH in my records.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    RH down to 26% at Claremorris...

Just hit 26c here, with 24% RH. Lowest RH in my records.

Nivea time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Oneiric 3 wrote:
    Scrap that, now 25.4c with RH down to 25% as a breeze picked up. Dp 4c.

What's r h

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Azores high. It's not the wind direction that brings this, AFAIK.

• Advertisement

lab man wrote: »
    What's r h

Relative humidity.

It will become more of an easterly by mid-week. Currently we're anticyclonic with the high right over top of us and as a result, wind directions are variable.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Nivea time

Far too masculine and manly for that aul ****e.

Actually, that's a lie. :cool:

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

I'm going go to go for a max report of 32 °C at Shannon Airport next Thursday or Friday. It always reads slightly high due to the station's location.

We might see a 30 at Kerry Airport.

What exactly is the issue with the station's location that causes it to read unusually high temps? A few people have commented on it.

It really seems to have above average temps in the evening between 8pm and midnight I find.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Azores high. It's not the wind direction that brings this, AFAIK.

I think this weather is coming more from the south than the east (I am open to correction). An easterly isobaric flow on the charts does not necessirly mean the air mass itself comes from the east, but more that an easterly flow has undercut it. (If that makes sense)

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Impressive 12z ICON run this evening. Really building that ridge in for next weekend continuing the fine and very warm weather with no break. The Atlantic systems blocked out.

icon-0-156.png?24-12

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

23C here in Ringsend, cloudless blue skies and by the looks of it plenty of people out enjoying the good weather. A nice breeze too, despite the heat, which is very refreshing.

Long may it continue! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

28c in Kildare now and that’s in the shade. Just really pushes the point of Met Eireann not having a met station in Kildare. A County with the fourth highest population in the country.

Ah now.

Zwam4RZ.png

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's 25.7C with RH of 50%. DP of 14.3C. In Glasnevin. Next to no wind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement