Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Met eirann have a yellow warning for heat

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

ZX7R wrote: »
    Met eirann have a yellow warning for heat

Status Yellow - High-Temperature warning for Ireland
    Temperatures will hit 27 degrees Celsius in places today and are expected to exceed it on subsequent days, this week.

Issued: Monday 25 June 2018 06:00

Updated: Monday 25 June 2018 06:00

Valid from Monday 25 June 2018 06:00 to Friday 29 June 2018 21:00

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

lawred2 wrote: »
    I was down Portmarnock yesterday.. Saw not one jumper being worn. And not much of a chill either.

Young girls theses days don’t even wear jumpers in winter and judging by concert goers this weekend wear practically nothing during the summer

It is lovely just now, early on. Been up and around for hours and cool air is bliss.

Later it will scorch . But my work is done..

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

Young girls theses days don’t even wear jumpers in winter and judging by concert goers this weekend wear practically nothing during the summer

And what???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ECM brings thunderstorms and warmth north on Sunday and Monday to us. Don't think it will be that easy. I reckon UKMO is closer the mark and that it will be delayed meaning lots more sunny weather for Ireland and exceptionally high temperatures before the final explosion (literally!). :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I have an Aussie friend who thinks it's hilarious we get heatwave warnings for a few days with 25/26 degrees. Try sitting out in the sun for an hour in January in Marble Bar is his retort...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Woo it’s now official then :D Beach party anybody? May set up a beach bar! Costa Del Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I have an Aussie friend who thinks it's hilarious we get heatwave warnings for a few days with 25/26 degrees. Try sitting out in the sun for an hour in January in Marble Bar is his retort...

Different climates mean people are adapted to different things?;)

The yellow (lowest warning) is for temperatures in excess of 27c.

Temperatures will exceed 30c for many later in the week particularly the midlands, west and mid-west.

• Advertisement

https://en.sat24.com/en/eu/visual

Lovely anvil and storm developed off northwest Spain.

#instability

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

You want to see the carry on of them when it goes below 12 degrees

Woo it’s now official then :D Beach party anybody? May set up a beach bar! Costa Del Ireland

This is what gets folk rolling in the aisles about Ireland!

I get the same from friends in Texas.... But when they are here in summer they need the car heater on full blast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Some people are just naturally cold.

My boss came in this morning in her heavy winter coat, and scarf saying "I thought it was meant to me warm today" and I am sweating.

The air conditioner won't be turned on today because she is cold.

The only time I can get time off to "enjoy" this weather is if we get a red warning for it but I doubt Ireland will ever get a high temperature red warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Left my phone in the car yesterday for about 30 mins, got this when i went to get it: #bringiton
    MpSJUhrG7RQCdtiJyIg6Fb28OVYe9EG5PPcHa15VmJD_27DJkJuIqoxoP0D7l3X_fj_Kes1IPKZIOW8767tTb0MXyzuxPa-OiozXvbH_PsC7Xk9X9IvK0KeUAp1gCUcoQDp7MvbgvGG8P67d5X2cGX8iwff-uA3NNV3mK6AEFipz5oj7yAUtPMAxDAUUUpmgIA-qGv97VQV2w-YyzB7AHysxkNKJZ0ILtdLnlfVN4QP0vD-0JzyMObAGqW-Ob39BUS61ErLWPZ73uwuK-pSdkjgb5mVccjYw68A-HP3OQUG5I1APlDjHq_ksrIvtj2D1taAKH4wh75mCfxcwVwAAw7yphUeJCZUOYKkhtR5jcnJWqemxb51zd6JOtVBgMdcHk5QKgYfq70s5zoJpeqqAv53k9wh4_UXN9cFu27SkxPIOhN43Khvsvu9QanzMLRZRkLln7GxBDqvZNQhTx4bOSO-N8HLJBKtqJoAZmsbSPS0zmxqi-ZQbJQcAPFWzHIDWdrUbzOQJhdS0IFXV0t_hgoaYcDdWOoCL_IZ9WVVwuCvZsyG3sTk87ZcukWHC49Motvx1X4b3OsROFJ7xrGBHHp-iqSkg5XRmb4o9OaSv=w346-h614-no

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Aussies whinge all the time. Sure look at the rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/jetstream

Looks like the Jet Stream doesn't bring the westerlies until 7th of next month

Just starting to heat up now. I have been out tidying plants etc and you could not be out in it long.. Lovely though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

20.9c already here in West Clare and reading even warmer in places like Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Hit 22c at my station just after 10:30!

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1011179575089430529

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Shade temperature of 23c in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

dogs are walked! they will be taking a day off until tonight, much like me

is there gonna be a splash of rain next Mon / Tue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Lucreto wrote: »
    Some people are just naturally cold.

My boss came in this morning in her heavy winter coat, and scarf saying "I thought it was meant to me warm today" and I am sweating.

The air conditioner won't be turned on today because she is cold.

The only time I can get time off to "enjoy" this weather is if we get a red warning for it but I doubt Ireland will ever get a high temperature red warning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(franchise)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

22.1c here now.

One thing I've noticed so far is the amazing visibility. I can see clearly defined mountains in Kerry that are almost never visible from here. Beautiful views.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yes, because warm/hot weather is part of their normal climate and they are accustomed to it with facilities to accommodate it (Air conditioning virtually everywhere). We don't have AC in homes or many workplaces etc so the yellow warning is appropriate.
    PS, I lived in Sydney for a year and we laughed at them for wearing hats, scarfs, gloves and heavy coats during their "winter" when the temps were about 15 degrees Celsius and them complaining about it being freezing while we wore our t-shirts because it was still sunny and pleasant in the sunshine. Everything is relative!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I found it hilarious when my in Laws from Australia came here in November a few years back saying they couldn't believe how cold it was, it was 5 degrees.

Actually I don't find either of our analogies funny, just pointing out that I hate these kind of post's, as stated earlier it's all relative

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

JCX BXC wrote: »
    22.1c here now.

One thing I've noticed so far is the amazing visibility. I can see clearly defined mountains in Kerry that are almost never visible from here. Beautiful views.
    That might change as it gets increasingly hazy as the week goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

When we get the forecast warm nights this week I am looking at sleeping outdoors if the indoor temperature gets uncomfortably high. It should be quite a pleasant experience particularly with the full moon shining. Sleeping bag at the ready.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement