Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

23 degrees here in cork city already. Gonna be warmer then yesterday, already is. Low humidity aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

24.6C here north east of Kilkenny city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

24.7c in Kildare now. Fantastic!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

RobertKK wrote: »
    24.6C here north east of Kilkenny city.

Looks like 27C at least for you RobertKK , possibly 28C , do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looks like 27C at least for you RobertKK , possibly 28C , do you think?

Yesterday it was a 26.9C, I'll go 28.2C as a guess and see how far wrong I am later :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The low humidity is making the heat more comfortable to be out in, but the strength of the sun is something else. Does not feel like Irish weather whatsoever.

I also get a distinct burning smell but cannot identify where it's coming from.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The low humidity is making the heat more comfortable to be out in, but the strength of the sun is something else. Does not feel like Irish weather whatsoever.

Plus the smell of the evergreen trees is so rich with the heat. Reminds me of Portugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

According to reports drought like conditions will be expected with temperatures hitting over 30 degrees celcius. I will have to keep watering the plants in the garden everyday myself such is the lack of rain which is practically unheard of in this country this summer has more than made up for the long winter we endured I've never wished for it to rain so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,550 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

When we get the forecast warm nights this week I am looking at sleeping outdoors if the indoor temperature gets uncomfortably high. It should be quite a pleasant experience particularly with the full moon shining. Sleeping bag at the ready.

was camping over the weekend, got chilly enough during the night, but we were near the mountains

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    was camping over the weekend, got chilly enough during the night, but we were near the mountains

The minimum overnight temperature from now until at least the weekend is forecast to be much higher than it has been for the past 10 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Just nudging 26c here in south Laois now, and it's only midday. Yesterday's max was 26.5c

Just hit 25c now in Kildare

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

24C now at Dunshaughlin. I reckon I could see 26 or 27C by the afternoon.

24.3 now in cork city with humidity at 25%. Warmer then yesterday woohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

Humidity very low in Cork today.

Has it ever been that low??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Camping too. Was quite cold a few of the nights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Oak Park at 25c is highest met station report from 12 noon. Dublin is 23, Cork 22, Shannon 22. Corks humidity at 26% is incredibly low. Many places reporting 50% plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

24.8C here in Glasnevin with a RH of 46%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

22.1c here now.

One thing I've noticed so far is the amazing visibility. I can see clearly defined mountains in Kerry that are almost never visible from here. Beautiful views.

Probably something to do with the unusually low humidity. It's showing 38% here in Limerick now, and 26 c. I was watching aircraft and contrails a while ago and the details were remarkable even at 35,000 + ft.

• Advertisement

Humidity is very low in cork, I thought yesterday’s 35% was low but 25 is even lower. Interesting!

26.1c in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Humidity is very low in cork, I thought yesterday’s 35% was low but 25 is even lower. Interesting!

23% as per METAR at 12:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭boccy23

Also interesting that Roches Point is 48%. It's probably 15K as the crow flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Tipped 26.1c for a brief moment there at my station, I love how quick the FARS picks up the changes on my station and then updates my site every 60 seconds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Villain wrote: »
    Tipped 26.1c for a brief moment there at my station, I love how quick the FARS picks up the changes on my station and then updates my site every 60 seconds :D

Must be lovely having those things..

Noticing a bit more high cloud moving in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    24.8C here in Glasnevin with a RH of 46%.

Just reached 25C now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭swampgas

22.1c here now.

One thing I've noticed so far is the amazing visibility. I can see clearly defined mountains in Kerry that are almost never visible from here. Beautiful views.

Was hillwalking around Mangerton yesterday and was amazed at the visibility. Anything in medium range was crisp, and very remote mountains were clearly outlined. Anything nearby, like cliffs and rocky valleys, was very sharply defined.

I've never seen anything like it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Graces7 wrote: »
    Must be lovely having those things..

Work hard, play harder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement