Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Eastern England certainly will see temps lowering off the north sea but probably only temporarily. Winds look set to go southeasterly off the continent again by Sunday and that would bring a rise in temperatures again.

Ireland will more than likely get to Saturday with high twenties maximums before cooling off back to low twenties. West is best this time.

It all depends on the LP moving up from the south and how that's going to be orientated for the start of the following week. That could end up being a heat pump for us or it could be the open door for the Atlantic weather systems but we don't know yet.

yeah, what they were showing for Monday is high teens off most of UK and low twenties max off the eastern half of Ireland with mid to high twenties still possible off the west coast on Monday. Still almost one week away so let's see what happens, so much can change within that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It would be nice to be in the West of Ireland now, instead of this concrete jungle. I prefer temperatures in the low twenties and thunderstorms over this heat anyday
    At least it's not humid that's one crumb of comfort...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

The thermostat for the heating is in my bedroom so have an accurate check on room temp. It is currently 21 degrees in my bedroom with the windows open all day. That’s a no quilt night anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

tempresult_xil5.gif

Schuuu cloud, schuuu

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

The thermostat for the heating is in my bedroom so have an accurate check on room temp. It is currently 21 degrees in my bedroom with the windows open all day. That’s a no quilt night anyway.

28c in our upstairs bedrooms now. No clothes nighg anyways

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

AROME did well today, this is what it is predicting for tomorrow and look at those temperatures tomorrow night. We might get more heat than DOCARCH in Florida !

aromehd-41-14-0_bzj8.png

aromehd-41-22-0_tlk2.png

aromehd-41-27-0_dht2.png

6591_ayg1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cracking day in Tenerife and cool enough to sleep comfortably at night
    ;)

km79 wrote: »
    Cracking day in Tenerife and cool enough to sleep comfortably at night
    ;)

Thinly veiled....ah forget it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently 13.4c. Thats just under a 15c drop in 8hrs. Brrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Forecast for the week on BBC giving a low with humid air to start moving up over the weekend with a thundery breakdown and the Atlantic to take over next week.
    Here's hoping the Atlantic influence can feck off as once it starts it seems to like hanging around giving us a lot of damp muck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Forecast for the week on BBC giving a low with humid air to start moving up over the weekend with a thundery breakdown and the Atlantic to take over next week.
    Here's hoping the Atlantic influence can feck off as once it starts it seems to like hanging around giving us a lot of damp muck.

up to this morning BBC had the warm weather continuing all through next week, but now they are forecasting a cooling trend from Thursday and average temperatures from as early as next Monday. I hope they are wrong.

Important to note that does not apply to Ireland which should hold the high temperatures longer until at least Saturday.

Also a lot of uncertainty regarding events for later in the weekend and in to next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Holy crap thats some downgrade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭BliainanAir

pad199207 wrote: »
    28c in our upstairs bedrooms now. No clothes nighg anyways

'The nights are gettin' warmer
    It won't be long
    Won't be long 'til summer comes
    Now that the boys are here again'.

Can't believe Thin Lizzy released the song on April 17, 1976... kinda prophetic!

Hope 'the boys' arrived this year :)

A right battle going on over Ireland this weekend.

The trough out of Biscay is moving north through Saturday bringing it's very warm and humid air. Jet stream trying to flatten the ridge to the west from the northwest and bring through the north Atlantic fronts.

icon-0-114.png?26-00

Ireland caught in the middle between the very warm continental air and much cooler, fresher Atlantic conditions but with the warm/hot side winning for now.

icon-1-114.png?26-00

Temperatures high this weekend.

icon-9-111.png?26-00

But it's narrow margins.

Exciting eh? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

was not expecting the light rain we had this morning, feels lovely and fresh outside after yesterdays heat, nice morning

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

Trending towards a wet breakdown from as early as Sunday morning from what I can see. Hopefully the heat will return. If it does then the breakdown can only be welcome, drought could hurt the economy and much native wildlife. On the other hand a return of a long term pattern of Atlantic weather would be annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

On the other hand a return of a long term pattern of Atlantic weather would be annoying.

I think the grass in eastern counties wouldn't be annoyed. I haven't seen such widespread brown grass since the epic 1995 summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

definitely unsettled after Friday. First in South. In North by Sunday. Might be warm n humid though for 3 or 4 days after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Dull and overcast this morning in Kildare, looking at the radar there's been rain across the Midlands and West which I don't think was forecast at all?

All a bit disappointing considering the forecasts of wall to wall sunshine from Sunday onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

8:45am and it's 20.1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Thick blanket of cloud as far as eye can see and feeling very muggy. Not exactly what I was expecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

There won't be any showers tomorrow.;)

Cloud will be dispersing as well so not as hazy.

Looks at radar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

The edge of the cloud cover is just west of me in north county Dublin, with lots of blue sky to my east and south east. The sun has emerged, but theres still dew on the grass, unlike recent mornings when it was bone dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Cloud moving pretty much as forecast this morning, I wouldn't be so quick to call the breakdown as some are this morning, threat of thunderstorms certainly but any rainfall could be localized. My station saw 20mm of rain on 1st of June, of which 16mm fell in 15 minutes, but some nearby areas saw less than 2mm.
    https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1011516420981747712

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like that cloud will rapidly erode this morning and blazing sunshine likely from later this afternoon, tomorrow and Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Clear blue skies in Ballincollig, Cork. Nearly at 20 degrees already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Despite the radar showing a shower over South Laois around 7.45am to 8am nothing fell at all. Must be high level stuff evaporating before it gets to ground level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Quite dull here in Sligo this am. Looks like it could drizzle!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement