Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Sun blazing down on South Laois 23.5c in 50%RH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Showing 23C for Valentia at 10am ME readings. Warmest official station so far across the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sun is blazing now in cork coty, 23 degrees in my area. Clear blue sky. Much better then yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

Seeing the skies clearing now in Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Decided to take dog out before it got too hot. Stifling already and literally hard to breathe. clouds are all gone .. Short walk... We both headed for cold water.

met.ie is averring over 20 for here? I believe it.

West Mayo; offshore island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

lawred2 wrote: »
    Just seen a weather forecast on TV3 that had sun everywhere across Ireland but cloud over Dublin for the day..

So where did that come from?

Its the Big Schmoke blockin yer sun

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

really cloudy here along coast in dublin. is there anywhere in Dublin sunny?

Dont think Met expected all the stubborn cloud to be honest

Only clearing slowly in Sligo by the most stubborn piece of cloud ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Getting even cloudier in Dublin 5. My friend who is in Limerick right now is reporting blue skies.

Despite the earlier cloud, temps are now recovered and are at the same value they were 24hrs ago.

Currently 24.3c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cloudy start to the day in Castlebar, but it has all burned off now, 23.3C currently and lovely blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Google weather has completely done an about turn on this weather forecast for the week... Rather average temps every day with scattered cloud.

Looking at the sat24 feed and there is a structure to the cloud off Lands End, Cornwall that might develop into thunderstorms in SE Ireland later this afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Absolutely stunning day in Galway City, bright blue sky showing 23 degrees on my station

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Danno wrote: »
    Looking at the sat24 feed and there is a structure to the cloud off Lands End, Cornwall that might develop into thunderstorms in SE Ireland later this afternoon?

Theres been some activity out that way towards the bay of biscay already.

https://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortung/europe/index.php

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Weather in South Dublin very underwhelming. Very grey and cloudy, hopefully some improvement in the afternoon/evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Graces7 wrote: »
    Decided to take dog out before it got too hot. Stifling already and literally hard to breathe. clouds are all gone .. Short walk... We both headed for cold water.

met.ie is averring over 20 for here? I believe it.

West Mayo; offshore island

met ie are now saying 27/28 for here imminently.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I have just closed the office window as there is a cool breeze coming in, based by the Belgard road south Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Amirani wrote: »
    Weather in South Dublin very underwhelming. Very grey and cloudy, hopefully some improvement in the afternoon/evening.

It'll be clear blue skies in Dublin within the hour. Sun should begin to make an appearance in the next 20/30 minutes, with the south west of the city the first to see the clearance. The whole of the RoI should be more or less cloud free by 14:00, if not sooner.

Although there is that other area of cloud heading for the south and south east, that was mentioned earlier. Something to keep an eye on.

• Advertisement

Midday: South Laois 25.3c (AWS).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

East Cork - clear blue skies

Temp - Are you sure this is Ireland Celsius

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

21 degrees here in Dublin and overcast but i'm sure it will clear up later so will you's ever stop moaning about been disappointed and get out and enjoy it if you's are not stuck in an office like me.
    Before you's realize, it will be 8 degrees in December and you's will be all moaning about how expensive Christmas is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

https://ibb.co/etrKeo

Blue skies about to hit sandymount strand dublin. Photo looking easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The ground all around my weather station is burnt from lack of rainfall and where it isn't it is turning brown. I wonder if this is causing the higher temperatures for my weather station and if they are realistic?
    Current temperature according to my weather station is 27.4C, I was out at my weather station and in fairness it is hot.
    The wind is an average 3.9km/hr with 42% humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Is it raining on parts of the East coast looking at ME Radar its showing rain.

http://archive.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Is it raining on parts of the East coast looking at ME Radar its showing rain.

http://archive.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

There is rain falling from the clouds but I don't think any of it is reaching ground level which means that it's not raining on parts of the East coast. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Of course Gurteen has gone offline since 10 am so isn't reporting. Hopefully it'll be back up in the afternoon as it could be in for the highest temps today and the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So many of them are not available for midday. It is like it is maintenance day at the Met stations.

• Advertisement

Such a day to pick.

Warmest day ever nearly but lets do maintenance

Its 26c in Shannon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement