Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭4Ad

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Both Shannon and Kerry reporting 27c at 1pm.

Meanwhile it's 26.7c in West Clare, only 0.3c away from my max in the previous heatwave.

27.2 C outside Ennis yesterday.
    Feeling even warmer today..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Just as I hit the post reply button, it jumps up to 27.1c!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun finally shining here now with cloud breaking over past 30 minutes. Temps have jumped from 19 to almost 23C in the space of half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Danno wrote: »
    Just as I hit the post reply button, it jumps up to 27.1c!

Same temperature just reached here, now the hottest temperature for the year. Considering it's only half 1 I expect it to continue rising until the sea breeze kicks in this evening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Both Shannon and Kerry reporting 27c at 1pm.

Meanwhile it's 26.7c in West Clare, only 0.3c away from my max in the previous heatwave.

27.2C out here near the coast outside Tralee, nice SE'ly breeze avg 13 km/h.

Got my sensor in a homemade Stephensons screen , got a €5 Thermometer in there as well just for when I am down the garden, still saving for the real ones!
    getting a bit enclosed with trees now so may need to relocate it soon.)

Older pics ( different reading on the thermometer :) )

ZVLqgMA.jpg?1

C9u9qmR.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

28 at Shannon and 27 at Kerry Airport now (13:30)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Warming up in Howth for my Buffalo prawns :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Does anyone expect the 33.3C record to be seriously threatened or is that a step too far?

Met Eireann's temperature profile maps have a tiny area of 34C colour shading over north-west Kerry for tomorrow afternoon, so anythings possible.

I've a feeling somewhere along the west coast will reach 32C tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Sun finally out in Wicklow! Would burn you in minutes I reckon, very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

My eyes.

The sun glasses. They do nothing.

Glorious here in North Dub.:cool:

Increasing good signs for the very warm weather to last in to start of next week allbeit of the humid thunderstorm variety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

29.3c at our weather station in Shannon at the moment.

yUeCvky.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Walked two miles along the shore in the waters edge, tide fully out and went for a swim, the water was surprisingly cool enough but refreshing.

temp_uk_gbg3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Very overcast along the coast in south dublin. This happens a lot out where I live though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just reached 25.6 degrees in Cork. Hot

24C officially in Galway.
    Very pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

shakeitoff wrote: »
    Very overcast along the coast in south dublin

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

Clearing off in the next 40 - 60 minutes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Roasting hot in Kildare now the sun has burntnoff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

RobertKK wrote: »
    The ground all around my weather station is burnt from lack of rainfall and where it isn't it is turning brown. I wonder if this is causing the higher temperatures for my weather station and if they are realistic?
    Current temperature according to my weather station is 27.4C, I was out at my weather station and in fairness it is hot.
    The wind is an average 3.9km/hr with 42% humidity.

May I ask what sensor you are using with your Davis? The latest model(7346.221) boasts an error margin of just +/- 0.3c, which might be something to consider.

What is fascinating about the temperature today is how 'stable' it is. Continuing to rise here, but at a very slow but gradual rate. Considering that the highest temps in this weather usually occur between 4 and 7pm, I think at this rate it will struggle to reach even 28 or 29c locally before the evening.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

pauldry wrote:
    Id give it odds of 75/1

I would take those odds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The sky is almost completely clear now and it's just reached 25.0C here in Glasnevin. The RH is 52%.

2pm: South Laois 27.6c.

• Advertisement

Kilkenny Station

http://kilkennyweather.com

Grass temp 35.7c
    Just the other night (June 21st) it recorded -0.1c! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DSC00083.jpg

Kilkenny, Usually spot on.

27.8C here near Tralee

Rh 47%

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭FuzzyZoeller

Briefly broke the 30 barrier in Naas back garden. Sensor is shielded at a height of 2m, but it is in a backgarden surrounded by walls in a housing estate... :D

454293.jpg

Temps now 28C across much of the Shannon/Clare/Limerick region.

Temps here at Dunshaughlin holding steady at 22C. Yesterday's max here was 26C, not sure i'll match that today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Oh, herro sun. :cool:
    Gonzo wrote: »
    Temps now 28C across much of the Shannon/Clare/Limerick region.

Temps here at Dunshaughlin holding steady at 22C. Yesterday's max here was 26C, not sure i'll match that today.

23 in Dublin 15. We’re going to the beach later but honestly, I’m wary. Could be misty by the coast and we had planned to run into the sea but I’m not sure if the air temperature is warm enough for that. But I think I’ll be brave and just do it. It’ll be exhilarating either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    May I ask what sensor you are using with your Davis? The latest model(7346.221) boasts an error margin of just +/- 0.3c, which might be something to consider.

What is fascinating about the temperature today is how 'stable' it is. Continuing to rise here, but at a very slow but gradual rate. Considering that the highest temps in this weather usually occur between 4 and 7pm, I think at this rate it will struggle to reach even 28 or 29c locally before the evening.

I got a new temperature sensor about 2 years ago after it had stopped working, a new rain gauge last year.
    Yesterday it reached 29.6C at 16:33. It is already reporting 29.5C. The record for the station is from July 2013 when it recorded 29.7C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.met.ie/latest-reports/observations
    Ok, it is now at 20C or above at every official ME station at 2pm.  My theory about Malin Head missing the fun from yesterday has been quashed as that is also enjoying a reading of 20C.
    So Shannon is just 2 degrees away from 30 right now  I'll gamble that it will hit 30C at 4pm!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Casement temps up 3 degrees in a few hours!

• Advertisement

Gone above 28.0c here now, a full two and a half hours earlier than yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement