Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Latest prediction from the UKMO model reminds me somewhat of the Duracell bunny. Wants this weather to go on and on.

Sunday:

UW120-21.GIF?26-17

Changes are happening that would point towards a possible continuation of this very warm weather (but more humid) well in to next week but still uncertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Follow on from RobertKK's post, saw this on a NOAA site and thought I'd keep it for these hot days, might be useful.

Note: Heat Stroke needs immediate medical attention: Dial 112 or 999

Thanks for that, heat exhaustion would be what I had .

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think I reached my high for the day. Temperature is falling from the highs which reached 30.8C.

Same as mine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Latest prediction from the UKMO model reminds me somewhat of the Duracell bunny. Wants this weather to go on and on.

Sunday:

UW120-21.GIF?26-17

Changes are happening that would point towards a possible continuation of this very warm weather (but more humid) well in to next week but still uncertain.

hopefully Sunday will be dry and very warm/sunny! I'm hoping to have a family BBQ on Sunday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭BliainanAir

RobertKK wrote: »
    Thanks for that, heat exhaustion would be what I had .

The good thing is officially Oak Park and Shannon hit 28.7C and Met Eireann went for 24-28. So we're kinda ahead of schedule with the big 2-3 days to come :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭BliainanAir

Sunday:

UW120-21.GIF?26-17

Very like all the classic hot summers :)

Gonzo wrote: »
    hopefully Sunday will be dry and very warm/sunny! I'm hoping to have a family BBQ on Sunday.

Should be dry and warm on that evidence. Thunderstorms staying to the south there...for the time being.

Interesting changes. We literally don't know how and when this will break down properly yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

NASSA Sat Pic from earlier today

5PyNKXb.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

jackrussel wrote: »
    they should have a station out by the old dump or fitzgeralds park. the airport never has temps to match the city

Fitzgerald’s Park would be perfect. It’s where I am atm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

33c on my car wow tar melting unreal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

on Sky News they were discussing the heatwave and the potential for Northern Ireland's temperature record to be beaten over the next 2 days with maximum temperatures up to 32C possible there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Any chance of this sea breeze dying off in the east over the next few days? Lovely here in Wexford but not a patch on 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Hopefully right up to Friday week and off to Wlaes for my Stag and Poland the week after for wedding prep!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Just dropped below 26C now here near Tralee. I'm enjoying the breeze.

temp_uk_sae8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Joanna said 28.8 reached in athenry

Looks like 30c should be broken quite comfortably tomorrow in the midwest in particular.

3151_fzu5.png

Any chance of this sea breeze dying off in the east over the next few days? Lovely here in Wexford but not a patch on 2013.

I think the easterly sea breeze is meant to intensify after tomorrow.

The real heat will be over the midlands and west over the next few days.

Last June my area reached 28C, not sure I'm going to get that with the current spell. So far 26C is my max of the current spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

No hard feelings lads but I love to her people in the east complaing it's not warm enough or too breezey while the west is baking.

What's the best time to see sunset tonight? I live in a hole so will have to drive up the mountain to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

Mr.H wrote: »
    I would take those odds

Odds of breaking 33.3°C (which occurred 131 years ago today!) are now 7/2, having been 5/1 this morning and 12/1 yesterday.

ARPEGE Looks to have over predicted temperatures in places in the W by about 1 degree ( 12Z run ) from what I can make out. These are the 12Z temp predictions for the next few days. :eek::eek: Gulp!!!

Looks like we are going to get over 30C , Weds, Thurs, Fri and perhaps Sat.

arpegeuk-41-26-0_zxt3.png

arpegeuk-41-52-0_wxk2.png

arpegeuk-41-76-0_dlt6.png

arpegeuk-41-99-0_ake7.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

What's the best time to see sunset tonight?

Around sunset.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Year High Max of 26.1c recorded at my station in Waterford. Definitely felt the warmest day of this current spell

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Gonzo wrote: »
    I think the easterly sea breeze is meant to intensify after tomorrow.

The real heat will be over the midlands and west over the next few days.

Last June my area reached 28C, not sure I'm going to get that with the current spell. So far 26C is my max of the current spell.

This is excellent news. The sea breeze is certainly penetrating further inland today and despite the 26C max here in Dublin 15, there is a bit of relief in the shade with it. And I hope it continues all week.

Why anyone hopes for unbroken sunshine and 28C+ is beyond me, this is gorgeous east coast beach weather for Irish tolerances. Yes, broken records are interesting and notable, but is there really much of an experiential difference between a dead heat of 29C and 33 or 34 if it happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Topped out at 27.9C in Castlebar and the humidity mainly was in the 20/30s, lovely conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

M7 between Naas and Newbridge I roadside weather station registering 30.2c

HIRLAM not one to over do the temperatures, pretty spot on today.

Weds predicted temperatures.

hirlamuk-41-28-0_vtg8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No hard feelings lads but I love to her people in the east complaing it's not warm enough or too breezey while the west is baking.

What's the best time to see sunset tonight? I live in a hole so will have to drive up the mountain to see it

I am in the east and it was really a relief to feel the odd cooling breeze . Now in the shade enjoying the cooler evening

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Around sunset.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Met report from July 19th 2013 at 5pm, when 30c was reached in Mt. Dillon.

Cv43bUL.png

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Why anyone hopes for unbroken sunshine and 28C+ is beyond me, this is gorgeous east coast beach weather for Irish tolerances.

Some Irish people love heat. I'm one of them. Extremely dissatisfied with 24 degree weather - give me every ounce of 30 degrees.

I don't get why we can't wish for more heat. We get moderate warm weather in 18-22 degrees nearly every year. Occasional spells of 27-30 degrees is lovely and we don't get it often. Why the heat haters get so oppressed the once in a blue moon it comes around and the want for it to be cooler is mind boggling.

It literally nearly is always cooler!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement