Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

27.6c at home in kildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pauldry

MJohnston wrote: »
    GFS was teasing some heavy rain for Sunday night for the Dublin area, but it seems to have largely abandoned that idea sadly.

Whatever your feeling on the heatwave, I think we can all agree that the occasional rainfall is absolutely needed, and there doesn't seem to be much of that on the outlook for the east in the next week.

Let it stay dry next week Im on holidays

Then it can P$$ to its hearts content

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭FuzzyZoeller

11.30 am report from back garden in Naas.... :eek:

454349.jpg

28.8c in Durrow. How high can it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

kod87 wrote: »
    There is no acceptable excuse for a grown man to wear shorts unless playing sports. Please keep your hairy legs to yourselves, be considerate to other human beings

No reason for a woman to wear shorts or skirts, keep those unnatural shaved legs to yourselves please! Be considerate of other human beings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Been out sorting washing and scorching in the sun. Dratted old age; lungs will not take the hot air.. Wheezing again and inside . But felt the sun on my bones which is what I came to Ireland for from the North Sea...

West Mayo; offshore island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭bnt

tanko wrote: »
    Ok so, we’ve come to a consensus that its fairly hot at the moment, can anyone say with any degree of certainty when we might get some rain???
    You're asking for a weather forecast, so "certainty" is a non-starter. My favourite tool for short-range forecasts is HIRLAM, and over the next 48h it shows no significant rain at all:

454350.gif

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

pad199207 wrote: »
    28.8c in Durrow. How high can it go?

29.2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

pauldry wrote: »
    Let it stay dry next week Im on holidays

Then it can P$$ to its hearts content

You can handle a single rainy day.
    Better that than water restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Graces7 wrote: »
    Been out sorting washing and scorching in the sun. Dratted old age; lungs will not take the hot air.. Wheezing again and inside . But felt the sun on my bones which is what I came to Ireland for from the North Sea...

West Mayo; offshore island

cannot be too many like you heading to Ireland as a sun destination
    the holiday brochure may have been misleading (exception of this May & June)

• Advertisement

scottigael wrote: »
    No reason for a woman to wear shorts or skirts, keep those unnatural shaved legs to yourselves please! Be considerate of other human beings.

I wear loose full length for many reasons and at one street market where coachloads of scantily dressed tourists were in, another trader who was from Bangladesh said that ALL WOMEN should dress like me.. ;)

Never forget the day I looked up to find my face all but pressed against a huge hairy sunburnt male belly... faults on either side...

21c at Howth ahead of the sea breeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Interesting that Valentia was the hottest of the Met Stations at 11:00 at 26.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Just reached 25.3C here in Glasnevin. RH is 49%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Graces7 wrote: »

Never forget the day I looked up to find my face all but pressed against a huge hairy sunburnt male belly... faults on either side...

Haha thank God it was his belly :)

Don't know the temp but WOW it's hot. I like it. Inside is staying cool which helps. Plant trees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

kod87 wrote: »
    have you gone out today, just go out for a bit, you will not return alive

Your right. I went outside. I'm posting this from the afterlife. Who knew it had a mobile Internet connection!

Just realised what the temps are in real money... 27 is over 80!

Even the birds have stopped singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

27.7C at midday here in north eat Kilkenny.

Malayalam wrote: »
    Haha thank God it was his belly :)

Don't know the temp but WOW it's hot. I like it. Inside is staying cool which helps. Plant trees.

Never thought of that!!!! roflol.. too busy trying to take my eyes off it as he chose jams to buy!!!

They have planted trees at the other end of the island but bare here .... indoors now...

Shaunoc wrote: »
    cannot be too many like you heading to Ireland as a sun destination
    the holiday brochure may have been misleading (exception of this May & June)

No holiday brochure. I lived over here back in the 70s a while. Knew the difference.

The North Sea isles are the wind and rain capital of Europe...That is official.

One year, I think it was 1989, the sun did not make one appearance all year, literally. Nothing grew and the crops failed. And an epidemic of SAD

Scotland is the windiest country in Europe due to eastward moving Atlantic depressions that bring strong winds and clouds continuously throughout the year.[11][12] In common with the rest of the United Kingdom, wind prevails from the south-west.[13] The windiest areas of Scotland are in the north and west; parts of the Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland have over 30 days with gale force winds per year.[13] Vigorous Atlantic depressions, also known as European windstorms, are a common feature in the autumn and winter in Scotland. The strongest wind gust recorded in Scotland was officially 278 kilometres per hour (173 mph) on 20 March 1986 in Cairngorms, but an unofficial wind speed of 312 kilometres per hour (194 mph) was recorded in the same location on 19 December 2008.[14]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Oak Park 28 C at 12:00. Shannon, Claremorris, Finner, Valentia and Kerry Airport all 27 C.

Dewpoints are ranging from 10 C in the east to 16 C at Donegal Airport.

Shannon 27c @ 12 pm

Dublin Airport 25c @ 12 pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

27.1c here in West Clare at the moment, a good 1.7c hotter than this time yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Oak Park 28 C at 12:00. Shannon, Claremorris, Finner, Valentia and Kerry Airport all 27 C.

Dewpoints are ranging from 10 C in the east to 16 C at Donegal Airport.

thats no different from noon yesterday I think? certainly feels hotter here in Cork city

7 Met Eireann stations @ 27c now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

26.8C now in my back garden in Glasnevin.

In Dublin at the moment and the coolness is such a relief to the searing heat inland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I’m told Oak Park is 27.7c at 12:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Villain wrote: »
    I’m told Oak Park is 27.7c at 12:00

It is. Valentia and Shanon Airport both 27.0 and Claremorris 26.8.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement