Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Depending on Athenry to be near enough today's high. All the short range models think it's around the Co Galway area that will see today's maximum temperatures somewhere over 30c.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was looking at a link sryanbruen posted yesterday, it was a link to Met Eireann info, and in it both Carlow and Kilkenny were included as midland counties and not not the south east - which comprised of Waterford, Wexford and Wicklow.
    I guess both are included as midland counties due to their weather more so than location in the south east, Oak Park fighting it out for highest temperature and with Kilkenny holding the records.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

27 degrees in cork city now. Certainly hotter then yesterday anyway. Could we break 30 down here? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Temperature is reading 27.5 celsius here at the Gresham Hotel. There is a nice breeze though which is helping to take the edge off the high temperature.

Shannon 28 @ 12:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Shannon was 1.3 degrees warmer at midday than it was at the same time yesterday (27.0 v 25.7). Even better, Valentia is 2.2 warmer (27.0 v 24.8 yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Oak Park is the highest of the Met Éireann stations at 12 @ 28C.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Shannon was 1.3 degrees warmer at midday than it was at the same time yesterday (27.0 v 25.7). Even better, Valentia is 2.2 warmer (27.0 v 24.8 yesterday).

Better?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Warmer than yesterday here in kildare currently 27 but a bit of a breeze is helping it feel more manageable ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

2018 you are just amazing

Experienced 1980s style blizzard with several feet of snow. Digging the cars out.

Experienced a thunderstorm with very frequent lightning at nighttime that went on for a few hours.

Now heatwave conditions with drought.

What’s next....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

27 degrees in cork city now. Certainly hotter then yesterday anyway. Could we break 30 down here? :p

Unlikely to get anywhere near 30c for anywhere in Cork. Mid to high 20s I would think.

Casement 26c @ 12:30

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

pad199207 wrote: »

Experienced 1980s style blizzard with several feet of snow. Digging the cars out.

Experienced a thunderstorm with very frequent lightning at nighttime that went on for a few hours.

What’s next....

The only other thing we could feasibly experience is extreme flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

30.8C was recorded at Porthmadog in NW Wales just now, the highest temperature in the UK this year so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

MJohnston wrote: »

Or more hurricane or near hurricane force winds like last October.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

What’s next....

Still disgusted I slept through the light show. Was following all the lead up to it on here & like an all too eager child, fell asleep at the critical moment

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Kilkenny city reporting 27.9C
    My own reporting 28.1C.
    Yesterday the disparity was a couple of degrees and it left me confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Or more hurricane or near hurricane force winds like last October.

Yes, well I was thinking of what we haven't experience in the last 12 months, rather than 2018 specifically. Severe widespread flooding is about the only thing left, although I might be forgetting it already having happened in this crazy year!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,592 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

MJohnston wrote: »

Or a plague of locusts!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

28.6c and windless in West Clare, even has the smells of Spain.

God this is strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

What’s next....

A batch of rain that we'll need Noah's ark for :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

28c still tops but surely 30c will be reached in one or two spots

At beach yesterday everyone was just standing in the sea doing nothing as no wind n just hot. It was the same as Spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Poor ole Malin Head, 17 C with a 14 kt Easterly. Would be chilly despite the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

You would wonder if we keep getting summers like this will mosquitoes and hornets be driven here hopefully not our own wasps are bad enough without getting something even bigger and more dangerous. The thought of being bitten by a mosquito or stung by a huge hornet isn't remotely appealing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Today is a perfect example of how, Valentia, of all places, can experience temperature extremes, provided the wind is easterly. 28C there at 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Shannon 28.4 at 1 pm, just 0.9 to go to equal yesterday. Oak Park 28.2, 0.5 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Today is a perfect example of how, Valentia, of all places, can experience temperature extremes, provided the wind is easterly. 28C there at 1pm.

And as I sit here about a kilometre from the Valentia station I can verify it feels every bit if it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Danno is Durrow has hit 29.7c so his screen reading could be touching the 30c

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Or a plague of locusts!

Which being interpreted is midges and horse flies...Which we have in huge numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What’s next....

Its almost like we're a real country with proper weather!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement