Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Durrow up to 30.5 (31) according to Danno's station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Mt.Dillon also at 30c now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Gorse fire smoke (I’m assuming) has hit my part of Dublin 15. Also, this fast-moving haze:

CA496_CD6-_AC62-474_E-9_AE1-_C64_DBAAA4_A16.jpg

Would that also be the smoke?

Smoke has cleared already! Good job, whoever put it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

29.0C now in Glasnevin. 33%RH.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Smoke has cleared already! Good job, whoever put it out.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0627/973640-forest-fires-dublin-fire-brigade/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

traco wrote: »
    Now imagine the people in Peurto Rico, parts of Florida etc after the hurricanes last year with no power for weeks and humidity in the mid to high 80's. 26/27 would have been cool for them.

Have to say I love this kind of weather, proper sun and heat. Looks like the good weather might persist to mid July according to MT.

Temp inside the warehouse here in Naas is nudging 25c on an old traditional mercury bulb. The door hasn't been open so I'd say its few degrees hotter outside. Car hasn't moved so no point in checking it.

Yes, they went through hell. But 26 or 27 might also have been tough with no shelter or AC especially with that humidity. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

34c in car, again galway city defo over 30c

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Water outages in North Dublin at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Our weather station in Shannon currently hitting 32c.

PC3S9Uz.jpg

• Advertisement

Dublin Airport 25c, Casement 27c.

Sea breeze should peg these back a little now...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Depressingly the latest model runs have almost completely eliminated that potential for heavy rainfall overnight on Sunday. Really needed now. Next couple of weeks are going to be pretty unpleasant once the water restrictions start accumulating.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It's hard to understand the logic of Met Eireann not raising the weather warning. They got a lot of flack for naming Storm Fionn from Liam Dutton but based on the criteria they had set they were correct however they have no reached the temperature criteria for an Orange Warning but it remains Yellow.

Is the issue that if they move to Orange they have to give this a name, Heatwave Iona anyone? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Katesbridge Co. Down currently reading 31C .... a few miles away,

(could somebody check that on phone app?)

just too hot to even sit outside now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Pretty steady at just over 30c for the past hour or so. It's years since I saw it so high in my location (Limerick suburbs)

36257490_10213736826467168_5383535849616965632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeGkRPmubUmJZWT3JRa5ph_5YnzB1vbKayzvpbSZqAEuFVoQFkghJxIWb5-eaW6LBxpzNPrlQYVKuH3XweC6By4c7As6F_LYkFGZwY091F6GGg&oh=040b1dd8940cd51192897cabe54fbca2&oe=5BB66D9D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

reached 27C here at Dunshaughlin making this the hottest day of the year. Local temperature clocks are reading 30C but those tend to overplay the temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Has just reached 31 here on the Tipp/Kilkenny border. Relatives near Mitchelstown in Cork recorded 33 not long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

No heatwave here, a pleasant and breezy 23.6c. from a high of 25.2c at around 1400.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

No heatwave here, a pleasant and breezy 23.7c. from a high of 25.2c at around 1400.

jealous melting here

25.4c here, slight breeze but feels warmer than other days when it has kicked in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Driving from Dublin to Cork, just passed Topaz service station between Abbeyleix and Durrow on M8, it is noticeable that there is a nice fresh breeze which is helping to take some of the sting out of the high termperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Gorse fire smoke (I’m assuming) has hit my part of Dublin 15. Also, this fast-moving haze:

CA496_CD6-_AC62-474_E-9_AE1-_C64_DBAAA4_A16.jpg

Would that also be the smoke?

In Dublin 15 at work and can see across to this. It still seems to be burning,quite a lot of smoke, over near the IT direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

29c in Sligo

Wonder will my weather station beat 29.8c record

Its been on the go since 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

unless the 4pm reports show further jumps (ie. a 32c somewhere) then the record looks fairly safe. Still two more days when it could topple I think.

pauldry wrote: »
    29c in Sligo

Wonder will my weather station beat 29.8c record

Its been on the go since 2005

Surprised it didn't fall in either 06' or 13'.

Would anyone be able to explain why in Ireland the hottest temperatures always seem to be recorded in the late afternoon at around 4pm or even later?

I have travelled to lots of countries around the world and have noticed that the highest temperatures in some other countries tend to peak earlier in the day. Nothing scientific to support this, just an observation that could well be BS.

Also, 25 degrees in Ireland always feels so much hotter than the same temperature in other countries but that may be psychological.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Would anyone be able to explain why in Ireland the hottest temperatures always seem to be recorded in the late afternoon at around 4pm or even later?

I have travelled to lots of countries around the world and have noticed that the highest temperatures in some other countries tend to peak earlier in the day. Nothing scientific to support this, just an observation that could well be BS.

Also, 25 degrees in Ireland always feels so much hotter than the same temperature in other countries but that may be psychological.

Longitude and latitude

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

30.4c at Shannon at 16:00

• Advertisement

30c @ Athenry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement