Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Exactly Grace. This is Ireland. People have to work and partake in the daily grind. Yes, holiday destinations are usually much warmer but you have the luxury of lounging around by a pool all day, or a beach, or an air conditions hotel or store.

Only good thing about my place of work in this weather is the air conditioning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

454382.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

https://www.tiitraffic.ie/weather/

Could it be?? Clonmacken Road in Limerick reporting 33.4c air temp - it definitely feels like it here now, melting.

Hmm, it all depends on how/where it is mounted. Its met eireann official or nought as far as I'm concerned anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Hmm, it all depends on how/where it is mounted. Its met eireann official or nought as far as I'm concerned anyway.

I think only official Met Eireann stations are the ones that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

weather station maxed out at 31.9 today 28.8 yesterday (still hasnt hit its max form 2013 of 33.4 !)

(sw donegal ) roads melting everywhere

still relatively pleasant was in toulouse in around the year 2000 when it was 46 and you really couldnt go out in it, driving a non aircon car was unpleasant to say the least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

4 pm & 5 pm non-rounded figures (°C).

30.4, 30.1 Shannon
    29.2, 29.6 Gurteen
    28.8, 29.2 Claremorris

At 3 pm Shannon was also 30.1, so I would say its peak will come in at 30.5 - 30.7.

EDIT Shannon is 31 rounded again at 17.30, but that could be just 30.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Yep. Roadside stations are located beside roads obviously. Official temperature units must be away from tarmac as its warmer than its surrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Oh yes, remember guys that this time we have bread! :pac:

https://twitter.com/OverheardDublin/status/1011935000420388864

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Limerick on par with Houston Texas :D

https://imgur.com/a/OThHvdj

4 pm & 5 pm non-rounded figures (°C).

30.4, 30.1 Shannon
    29.2, 29.6 Gurteen
    28.8, 29.2 Claremorris

At 3 pm Shannon was also 30.1, so I would say its peak will come in at 30.5 - 30.7.

EDIT Shannon is 31 rounded again at 17.30, but that could be just 30.5.

And now it's back to 30 rounded at 6 pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I'm from there is Hot but I getting used to it now and getting a nice tan for the summer. Hope it never ends.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

charts for next week are not looking good for those wishing much cooler temperatures. Heat now continues all through the working week of next week with cooler temperatures possible from Friday/Saturday 6/7th July.

Next week may not be quite as warm as this week, but 25C and 26C could be fairly frequent. Infact BBC currently have warm/decent temperatures for Ireland extending into July 10th and the forecasts don't go any further than that.

They also have no rain for the Greater Dublin area for the foreseeable future. Some places could remain dry up to mid July.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Oh yes, remember guys that this time we have bread! :pac:

https://twitter.com/OverheardDublin/status/1011935000420388864

Houston IAH is currently 32.2, but the dewpoint is up at 23.3. No comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Full of cowboys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Exactly Grace. This is Ireland. People have to work and partake in the daily grind. Yes, holiday destinations are usually much warmer but you have the luxury of lounging around by a pool all day, or a beach, or an air conditions hotel or store.

Exactly. Very easy to stick the heat when you’re sitting on your hoop with a nice pool beside you. Sight-seeing holidays from the upper-20s upwards are arduous. I was in Berlin in May and it was 32 degrees every day. It was not pleasant for touring around the city.

Houston IAH is currently 32.2, but the dewpoint is up at 23.3. No comparison!

Wrong quote GL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

:cool:
    sryanbruen wrote: »
    Third warmest June day on record at Shannon Airport then behind 31.6 and 30.7c on the 29th and 30th June 1976 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I'm going to Turkey tomorrow and the temperatures look similar to here. It looks wetter than here too. :rolleyes:

I'm half-hoping to land during a thunderstorm there, it looks like a possibility. I remember landing during a thunderstorm in LHR and it felt oddly exhilarating.

The Met Office have released another 10 day trend forecast.

A bit of uncertainty over the thunderstorms of next week, with high pressure and hot weather reloading after next Wednesday. Summer isn't going anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCM1uf8FqaM

• Advertisement

6 pm synops:

30.2 Shannon
    29.4 Castlederg
    29.2 Gurteen
    29.0 Claremorris

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Gonzo wrote: »
    The Met Office have released another 10 day trend forecast.

A bit of uncertainty over the thunderstorms of next week, with high pressure and hot weather reloading after next Wednesday. Summer isn't going anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCM1uf8FqaM

Most of the other forecasts I've read more or less say that the very hot temperatures will subside (from very being hot), to more moderate temperatures before returning to elevated temperatures (but not very hot temperatures, that we have at present).

Shannon hourly temperatures since 6 am.

06 am 15.9
    07 am 18.0
    08 am 18.6
    09 am 21.6
    10 am 23.8
    11 am 25.6
    12 pm 27.0
    01 pm 28.4
    02 pm 28.6
    03 pm 30.1
    04 pm 30.4
    05 pm 30.1
    06 pm 30.2

hinault wrote: »
    Most of the other forecasts I've read more or less say that the very hot temperatures will subside (from very being hot), to more moderate temperatures before returning to elevated temperatures (but not very hot temperatures, that we have at present).

yep, most likely a slight cooling, particularly in the west and north from the weekend, but still generally very warm everywhere.

Temperatures low to mid twenties in most places next week. Could be the high 20's again later next week, All to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Germany out of the world cup managed to set up garden furniture including huge umbrella yoke I have never needed and we have better weather than spain.. I might sleep out here tonight lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭BliainanAir

Do the knowledgeable folk on here see much of an increase on temps tomorrow?

I'm just guessing but say Mount Dillon or Shannon maxed at 30.6C would you expect 31.6C tomorrow somewhere in the midlands and west? Also Friday?

Thanks for all the expert analysis. Great to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It got up to 31.2C in Castlebar today at 17.02, but in an hour and a half it has already dropped down to 26.7C

• Registered Users Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Do the knowledgeable folk on here see much of an increase on temps tomorrow?

The upper air mass should be around a degree higher and starting a bit of a higher base in the morning so an extra degree seems a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Back down to 29.3c here, sitting out the back in the shade it felt okish as there is a good breeze. Despite the recent rain, the soil in the back garden is rock hard, like concreate almost.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

RTE weather coming up, should give us an idea of today's max so far.

31c in Shannon
    30.5c in Mt. Dillon
    30.0c in Athenry.

New Moon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement