Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Met Eireann's temp forecast for tomorrow. Still showing 32c in places, but I'd take this chart as showing where the highest temps will be, rather than what the figures will actually be:

V0JIlkV.png

Nacho Libre once called this region 'the fires of hell'. I am coming around to this observation of his more and more everyday.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

sdanseo wrote: »
    Meanwhile despite their own model forecasting up to 35, their website up to 36, other models up to 34, and achieving 31 - no orange warning.

Not often I criticise Met Éireann but whoever is organising their warnings needs to wake up and smell the hayfever. Either the criteria are valid or they're not. Decide.

?

Where are they predicting 35/36?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very interesting smoke plume from the Manchester forest fire making a bee-line for the north Dublin, Louth coast.

https://twitter.com/Meteo_Europe/status/1011981322737373186

can see it on the satellite.

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Official synop max today (°C)

30.8 Shannon
    So the second hottest June day at Shannon ever, behind 31.6 on the 29th in 1976.

• Advertisement

txint_uk_dbg2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

This is going to be a very long thread by the looks of it. Continues very warm until Monday at least a, maybe a less warm day or so ( relative to what we have been having, still over 20C) and then warm in lots of the country up until the weekend at least going by the ECM's temperature predictions After Tues temps up to the mid 20's perhaps up to Thurs, Best in the Eastern half of the country.

e83GQYH.png

RK0ss0q.png

zOgLQu4.png

YmX4xUg.png

taR3R7y.png

tagefOU.png

uEVWDR9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'd bet on it being even warmer than that. Models getting a grip now on the continuation of the settled spell but reckon they are underdoing how warm that air is we will be dragging in from the near continent from Sunday. Watch as that gets upgraded. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pauldry

Jeez Kermit.

Excuse the pun but this heat has caught me on the hop

Anyways July 2013 wasnt beat today at my weather station despite app telling me it was 31c

July 2013 was 29.8c
    Today was 29.4c in Sligo but 29.9c in Markree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Looks to be a potential rebuilding of high pressure at the end of that ECMWF run as well!

Probably more cloud around next week as the remnants of the Iberian low moves north but no sign of anything other than a continuation of warm and settled for the foreseeable future on this evenings runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I'd bet on it being even warmer than that. Models getting a grip now on the continuation of the settled spell but reckon they are underdoing how warm that air is we will be dragging in from the near continent from Sunday. Watch as that gets upgraded. :)

Hail Kermit!

I saved my colleagues from the bread famine of March 2018 a week before it started, and also advised on averting the Bundy shortage of June 2018, all thanks to Kermit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

9pm
    Athenry and Mace head still at 26 degrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Has fallen back to 23c here and need a jumper because of a decent enough wind

It’s gas was 30 degrees does to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DSC00100.jpg

I had 30c yesterday, today tad over 33c

4.45 today, garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Weather news on RTE from George Lee. "The rain that was due to come from biscay might not"....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

pad199207 wrote: »
    Has fallen back to 23c here and need a jumper because of a decent enough wind

It’s gas was 30 degrees does to you

Sitting in Dublin in a warm house, windows all open again, in shorts and a jersey and still too warm. Need a fan, ice cream or a cold shower. Or maybe all three.

Have to close the windows soon before dark or it'll be like eight legged freaks in here sadly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Just went for a run. Glorious. It's amazing how a warm evening makes running such a pleasure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

lawred2 wrote: »
    Just went for a run. Glorious. It's amazing how a warm evening makes running such a pleasure.

Rather run in freezing weather me. Sun is to enjoy, not sweat in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Not sure im able for this, was well able during the good spell of 2013 its amazing what five years can do to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭davehey79

Recorded this about 5.45pm this evening have it in a sheltered area in back garden about 1metre or off the ground. Possibly not the best gauge in the world but a good indicator as we don’t have an official reading in Longford as far as I’m aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Today in Cork when I've not been in a beautiful air conditioned room it's noticeably much warmer. There isn't the bit of a breeze the last few days at times. As I take my dog for a walk every evening it's noticeable who warmer it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

22.2C in Castlebar at the moment, all the windows and doors still open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

10pm and still 23.3c here. The evening sky has that real southern Spain look about it.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

cretin hop tip of day put baby wipes in fridge epic cold. was distracted watching Germany been beat but not complaining now!

Beautiful,almost full,moon rising in the south east sky now. lovely sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    10pm and still 23.3c here. The evening sky has that real southern Spain look about it.

yes the smells are amazing lots of trees here tree sap etc unreal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yep and looks like the Greater Dublin area could potentially be warmer next week than this week, with very little influence from the Irish Sea. 25/26C, even higher could be possible in Dublin City next week, rather than the high teens/low 20s it's had for most of this week.

10 met reports

Athenry 23 degrees
    Finner 23
    Knock 23
    Mace head 23
    Shannon 23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

sdanseo wrote: »
    Sitting in Dublin in a warm house, windows all open again, in shorts and a jersey and still too warm. Need a fan, ice cream or a cold shower. Or maybe all three.

Have to close the windows soon before dark or it'll be like eight legged freaks in here sadly :(

Well that's my peace of mind gone! I have all the windows open for the night as we were sweltered last night and I never thought of the creepy crawlies! I'm leaving them open tonight, gonna take my chances.:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement