Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

How is everyone feeling about today? Are we thinking it will max out around 32 today? Will be interesting to see how it pans out. I think breaking the record of 33.3 will be a stretch but I suppose you never know. I am guessing around 31.5 - 32 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

lawred2 wrote: »
    Very warm now. Beautiful morning. So calm.

Went for a stroll last night around 11pm. Heavenly. The smells of summer.

Not getting this smell of summer thing, all I can smell is drains that have not been flushed by rain in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Currently 24.6 degrees in my back garden in Cork City, which is warm for this time of the day! I think it may be warmer then yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Met Eireann have updated the warning but remains at yellow level.

“Maximum temperatures of 27 to 30 degrees Celsius will occur widely on Thursday and Friday and in excess of 30 degrees in places.”

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mac_

Aldergrove airport reporting 25C at 9.20am. Unbelievable for this part of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Currently 24.6 degrees in my back garden in Cork City, which is warm for this time of the day! I think it may be warmer then yesterday.

Feels warmer in Arklow than yesterday too.

25 degrees already being reported by met eireann at some Mayo locations. was the temp that high at 10am yesterday?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

25 degrees already being reported by met eireann at some Mayo locations. was the temp that high at 10am yesterday?

Shannon, Gurteen, Kerry Airport, Claremorris reported 24 at 10am yesterday. Athenry reported 25 shortly before 11 yesterday. So I guess we're ahead of the curve today, so far.

Shannon, Gurteen, Kerry Airport, Claremorris reported 24 at 10am yesterday. Athenry reported 25 shortly before 11 yesterday. So I guess we're ahead of the curve today, so far.
    Game on !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is a lot warmer here than yesterday morning which I considered warm at the time. Around 5C warmer. My station is reporting over 26C currently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

already 22C in Dunshaughlin, I reckon that's a degree or two higher than this time yesterday.

According to Accuweather, parts of Wicklow are close to 25C already. Met Eireann 10am reports Belmullet and Newport at 25C. My local weather station of Dunsany reporting 23C.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I think we will have a good idea by the 11am reports. By then the sun's effect is fairly well captured. At the moment the Mayo stations are 8c off the record. I think you might need to be recording a 28c somewhere by 11am. If the highest was even 27c (which is seriously hot for 11am) I don't think it likely the temps would then increase by another 6c or 7c degrees from 11am to, say, 5pm. Seems like too big an ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,474 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Are there any pressure charts available or online analysis of 1887 when Kilkenny recorded the 33.3C does anyone know? Its hard to imagine conditions more perfect than at the moment for a record high, would love to see what lead to the record being set so long ago.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Bizarre to see most of England and wales much cooler than Ireland and Scotland.

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/temp_uk.png

Today is the peak of it for here. A cooling trend will set in from tomorrow, but staying very warm throughout the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Really pleasant weather here in Dublin Airport but it's annoyingly busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭FuzzyZoeller

Nice increase in temp here in Naas this morning...

454441.jpg

Durrow is at 27c at the moment!

Both BBC and Accuweather showing temperatures above 20C with no rain for the greater Dublin area up to July 12th.

I will be amazed if it works out like that, but the drought will certainly be real if it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Feeling much hotter than yesterday morning here in Wicklow town. Only a slight breeze. Kids in the pool for the past hour. Don't think I've ever had them in it so early before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not getting this smell of summer thing, all I can smell is drains that have not been flushed by rain in a while!

lol..so choked with hay fever cannot smell much anyways.Maybe as well.. although a lovely blast of new mown hay aroma last night..Ironic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,661 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    What's the longest we've gone with temperatures above 30°C on consecutive days? Looking at met eireanns forecast we've already had 2 days and are likely to have 2 more. Would that be some sort of record?

5 consecutive days at Boora, Co. Offaly from June 29th to July 3rd 1976. Unfortunately, that station closed.

Boora's daily temperatures for Summer 1976:

sJldMT5.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Same here - feels hotter although the numbers are broadly the same

454443.png

Seven Worlds will Collide

A decent breeze getting going here now . 26c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gonzo wrote: »
    Both BBC and Accuweather showing temperatures above 20C with no rain for the greater Dublin area up to July 12th.

I will be amazed if it works out like that, but the drought will certainly be real if it does.

This is in fact more of a danger than the heat. Far more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Forgot to say, the taxi driver jokingly told us that we should've stayed here because the weather here is better than Turkey/Spain etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

26 at Aldergrove at 10:20

METAR EGAA 280920Z VRB02KT CAVOK 26/12 Q1028=

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Forgot to say, the taxi driver jokingly told us that we should've stayed here because the weather here is better than Turkey/Spain etc.

Of course they did!

22C and cloudless in Cork City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

26 at Aldergrove at 10:20

METAR EGAA 280920Z VRB02KT CAVOK 26/12 Q1028=

Same at Derry but at 10:50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

25 in Waterford - peaked at 26.2 yesterday mid afternoon so we'll beat that no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

25.2C in Castlebar, warmer already today than the last two days around this time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement