Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Oak Park 29 @ 12pm

28.6c to be exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Oak Park 29 @ 12pm

32c or so must be on. 33c seems a stretch still unless there are unreporting stations at 30c now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Moore park rose from 24 degrees at 11am to 27 degrees at 12pm. Temps rising fast around the country.

Moore park rose from 24 degrees at 11am to 27 degrees at 12pm. Temps rising fast around the country.

Since it became an automatic station in 2003, the June record for Moore Park is 26.9c on 19th June 2017 so its record is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

sryanbruen wrote: »
    28.6c to be exact.

where do you get this exact figure syran. are you in glasnevin

also has it ever been over 29c 5 days in a row in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Since it became an automatic station in 2003, the June record for Moore Park is 26.9c on 19th June 2017 so its record is broken.

Surely it broke it yesterday? North cork was sweltering

Surely it broke it yesterday? North cork was sweltering

It did with 27.3c. I edited my comment to say so it's broken.

pauldry wrote: »
    where do you get this exact figure syran. are you in glasnevin

also has it ever been over 29c 5 days in a row in Ireland?

Villain or Met Éireann on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1012294628333248512

See my reply here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107377531&postcount=1942

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

29 at oak park at 12pm is very impressive! This could get interesting with temps tending to peak around 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Despite a light Westerly wind (big no no for hot temperatures), it's reached 27.4c. 0.6c cooler than this time yesterday though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

29 at oak park at 12pm is very impressive! This could get interesting with temps tending to peak around 4pm

32 is definitely on I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I got a 28.8C as my highest so far today, yesterday the highest for my location was a 29.1C.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Knock airport doing well also, up to 27 degrees @ 1230

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Every home flushes toilets with drinking water, it's kinda crazy. Surely waste water from showers, washing machines , sinks so on should be recycled somehow to feed the toilets.

28c in kk already.
    Peak is usually 4.30-5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

32.2 on my weatherstation today so far ! fans just delivered to the office !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

32.2 on my weatherstation today so far ! fans just delivered to the office !

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Look I like dry hot weather as much as the next person but this is starting to wear a bit thin. I mean only for me being in an air conditioned building and rooms i'd be sweating like a bastard. The fact I walk/get the bus to work isn't helping. i'm ringing before I get there.

Edit: Look I know this post comes across as complaining but as this going to even break a bit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I mean there isn’t much we can do, we can’t just turn off the hot weather. Nature will do what nature wants to do. I’m loving it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Every home flushes toilets with drinking water, it's kinda crazy. Surely waste water from showers, washing machines , sinks so on should be recycled somehow to feed the toilets.

28c in kk already.
    Peak is usually 4.30-5

Or composting toilets that use no water

We used to put a brick in the toilet cistern to reduce the excessive amount of water they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Does anyone know when these high temperatures are going to end?:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temperatures here in south Meath not rising nearly as fast as other parts of the country. Currently 24C with a sea breeze keeping things about 1 to 2C cooler than this time yesterday. Feeling very pleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

28! That's 4 degrees higher than 1 PM yesterday. Heading for 30 in Waterford - which hardly seems possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Look I like dry hot weather as much as the next person but this is starting to wear a bit thin. I mean only for me being in an air conditioned building and rooms i'd be sweating like a bastard. The fact I walk/get the bus to work isn't helping. i'm ringing before I get there.

Edit: Look I know this post comes across as complaining but as this going to even break a bit ?

It's not THAT warm. Especially if you're in an air conditioned room. Enjoy it while it lasts I'd say, make the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

30.0°c now at Danno's station near Durrow.

0.6°c to go to yesterday's high.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

1pm

Shannon up to 28 degrees
    Donegal 27
    Knock 27

• Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

1pm

Shannon up to 28 degrees

Up from 26 @ 12:30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

COME ON GIVE US A NEW RECORD!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glightning

Aldergrove report was 28c at 12:50

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Itssoeasy wrote: »

sokay to vent. it really is. Just take it day by day and hour by hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glightning

Castlederg was trending higher before 12pm but waiting to see the latest numbers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement