Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I think 5pm will bring the highest temperature. Definitely feels warmer in the last half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm a few minutes from Shannon and I tell you no lie it is hot here I can confirm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Sitting in an air conditioned building all day then walking out into an oven.... Sea breeze in Blackrock not as strong as previous warm spell either

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Sitting in an air conditioned building all day then walking out into an oven.... Sea breeze in Blackrock not as strong as previous warm spell either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Shannon has only a Dp of 9c and Waterford Apt has their reading at -2.0c! Contrast this with 15c in Claremorris and 16c in Valentia.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

North Cork temperatures still rising!

30.4 DegC @ 31% humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

454471.png

Casement must be on fire

Shannon latest report 32c I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Drivetime reporting Shannon hit 32.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glightning

We’re all hoping for a highest max temp. Meanwhile Oman is breaking records for it’s min temp lol!! Incredible!

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Minimum-Temperature-426-C-1087-F-Oman-June-26-2018-New-World-Record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

SW Donegal my weather station maxed out at 32.7 15:40 -cooled off a couple of degrees now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The 5pm for Shannon is holding at 32c.

I wonder if that's 31.6 or 32.5c.

In my 41 years alive (1977), I reckon that must be Ireland's hottest temperature of my lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Top 5 max temps recorded in Shannon

31.6 - 29 June 1976
    30.7 - 30 June 1976
    30.6 - 13 July 1983
    30.3 - 29 July 1948
    30.2 - 29 June 1995 (also on 18 July 2006)

From Met Eireann.

Don't forget 30.8 - 27 June 2018. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Shannon is one of the hottest places in Europe today. Just a few places in the interior of Spain reporting 33C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Classic Alan Partridge

'Hotter than Debbie Harry, in a camisole, being spoon fed a vindaloo by members of Pan's People, in a Bangkok sauna.'

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Don't forget 30.8 - 27 June 2018. :)

Slipped my mind!

If Shannon does record a similar or even higher temp tomorrow (and it is about a 50/50 possibility), then that would be the 3rd time one of its all time highest temps was recorded on June 29th.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

The temperature is still rising in cork city. This is crazy, I’m loving it but at this point I’m not sure how to cool down besides standing in the fridge :D. The “cold tap” has turned luke warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I didn’t get exact for Shannon at 17:00 I’m afraid, hopefully will come through shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I know that this is completely unscientific, but I've put a white thermometer in direct sunlight in my garden, and it's reading 47.5c. It reached this temperature after only a few minutes of exposure

The air temperature is hot, but if you're out in the sun, it's brutally hot.

Akrasia wrote: »
    I know that this is completely unscientific, but I've put a white thermometer in direct sunlight in my garden, and it's reading 47.5c. It reached this temperature after only a few minutes of exposure

Ya that's why you will often see street thermometers on traffic lights in Europe up in the 40s. For me it gives you a realistic idea of how hot it is. You will hear in F1 racing sometimes where the track temperature is 4/5 degrees above the air temperature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Akrasia wrote: »

It does seem to be brutally hot. Even though we had rain when the East had none, and even though I am watering well in the early hours, quite a few of the plants in the garden are shrivelling before my eyes. The grass is crunchy to walk on. I like heat and sun, but if this goes on we will probably feel a bit stunned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temperatures in the Shannon/Limerick city region may struggle to get below 18C tonight and could be above 20C till after midnight, going to be a very warm night there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Worth reposting the link so it will open perhaps ...

http://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Minimum-Temperature-426-C-1087-F-Oman-June-26-2018-New-World-Record

It's a new world record highest daily MIN we are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Seeing 31.5 at Shannon but not 100%

I have stayed inside most of the day. 10 mins out in it and my head is getting light and sweat is running on my back. Stay in and get out later on. I went for a run last night at 9pm with the sun setting and it was lovely.

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    The 5pm for Shannon is holding at 32c.

I wonder if that's 31.6 or 32.5c.

31.5c according to a 'synop' report posted on TWO.

New Moon

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gorse fire near casement. Looks sizeable

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭BliainanAir

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    31.5c according to a 'synop' report posted on TWO.

Might still creep up 0.2C to break the record before 6pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement