Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Met Eireann are mentioning mid to high 20's again from Tuesday onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Gonzo wrote: »
    definitely a bit cooler here this morning, currently 19C, but that is still a fantastic temperature for this time of the day.
    MUCH cooler, only 18.8c now after 21c at 0930, very breezy too which is obviously the reason for the average for time of year temperature.
    I feel for those who planned a Saturday trip to the seaside because east coast beaches would not be very pleasant today. Windbreakers and jumpers required.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

25.1C here near Tralee. Time for a swim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

MUCH cooler, only 18.8c now after 21c at 0930, very breezy too which is obviously the reason for the average for time of year temperature.
    I feel for those who planned a Saturday trip to the seaside because east coast beaches would not be very pleasant today. Windbreakers and jumpers required.

And scarves and hats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

And scarves and hats
    I'll be watching the radar closely today for Irish Sea streamers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Oh nonsense, this is a perfectly lovely day for the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

In Galway and the sun was strong this morning. Still very easy to get a burn if not careful. Is today cooler than yesterday? Seems around the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

29.3c at my weather station in Limerick at the moment. Kind of had enough at this stage to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

davo2001 wrote: »
    29.3c at my weather station in Limerick at the moment. Kind of had enough at this stage to be honest.

Yep very hot in north cork as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

25.4C in Castlebar, I do not see us making it 4 days in a row of breaking 30C though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Markree already higher than its max yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Yep very hot in north cork as well.

26.4 DegC @ 41% humidity I’m getting just south of Mallow - absolutely lovely day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Markree already higher than its max yesterday.

Yes only 24c in Markree yesterday but 29c in Sligo yesterdsy.

And near 29c again today. Was 27c the last time I looked

But listen to this!!

There are clouds in the sky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,837 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

My fields have a better tan than I do

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yep, much cooler here too, struggling to hit 20C and a very sharp breeze making it feel chilly in the shade. I'd imagine that the beach is chilly today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

This kind Gentleman, Ken I think, gave us a link to his weather station down Kerry way.

Hot today in Shannon, just like every day this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Some cloud attempting to form here but not amounting to much.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Today is cooler. To me it's perfect. Not to cold to warrant extra layers, not too hot to be uncomfortable. It's great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I'm in a wee town called leap heading for kenmare there's a nice bunch of clouds on their own seem to be bubbling up or trying to there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Glorious day in Marley park. Sitting around the lake, the water level is noticeably low.

Earlier I cut the few bit of grass in my garden that had managed to grow in the last few weeks.

I might as well of been using a roller on the cricket pitches at lords. It was like a dust bowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looks like some parts of the country will continue in heatwave and drought/drought like conditions for the foreseeable future.

27.2C is my highest so far today here in Kilkenny. There are a few small clouds in the sky but nothing that would make one think 'its going to rain'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Cloudier and it is definitely cooler than the last few days Still very warm by normal Irish standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Hazy sunshine and cloudy even in West Cork, however it’s still warm. no reports of what it is like in the city yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Currently 24.3°C here in Waterford City.

Met Eireann is saying 19 degrees in Dublin city but it feels so much hotter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Quite the range in Donegal, Malin head 17C, Finner Camp 27C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Met Eireann is saying 19 degrees in Dublin city but it feels so much hotter :(

Well, that’s the airport. Phoenix Park is 20 and Casement Aerodrome is 21. Though even those seem a bit low.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Well, that’s the airport. Phoenix Park is 20 and Casement Aerodrome is 21. Though even those seem a bit low.

Ah yes I didn't think of that. I'm just in the Jervis Centre now and this part of town I find stifling.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ah yes I didn't think of that. I'm just in the Jervis Centre now and this part of town I find stifling.

The heat of the sun gets reflected off the surfaces of the buildings and the streets so it feels very stuffy and uncomfortable.

• Advertisement

RTE showing higher temperatures for the east coast from tomorrow as winds will be more northerly rather than direct easterly. Today is likely to be the coolest day for Dublin and surrounding areas. Currently only 18C in Dublin City.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement