Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse keyboard not working after reset.

Options
  • 18-06-2018 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tsExsFSCAkQ
    Just performed a factory reset and had this problem occuring.
    So I am having this problem, I read the comments section and I found two soloutions:
    1.Get a usb hub
    2. Install windows
    I would rather try installing windows option before buying something thats not certain to work. However how do I go about installing windows when my computer doesn't load upto home screen. It has been reseted. I have the windows 10 on a usb. Does anyone have any soloution or video they can share with me. Btw its a dell computer.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Try plugging them into a USB2 port. Look into the ports and you will see either Blue or Black. Blue is USB 3 and Black is USB 2.

Windows 10 doesn't have the USB 3 drivers for your system, you will need to use your service tag and head to https://dell.com/support to get all the drivers for your system.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

ZENER wrote: »
    Try plugging them into a USB2 port. Look into the ports and you will see either Blue or Black. Blue is USB 3 and Black is USB 2.

Windows 10 doesn't have the USB 3 drivers for your system, you will need to use your service tag and head to https://dell.com/support to get all the drivers for your system.

Ken

I tried all the ports and none worked.

Do they work on the POST screen and BIOS ?

The Windows recovery image likely does not have drivers for your USB. I’ll also hazard a guess your network doesn’t work. Not an unusual scenario and I’ve been there many times.

I usually boot the machine from a Linux boot USB key and copy the drivers across to the root of the hard disk. Then boot windows into safe mode and install the drivers.

You can also boot the machine to safe mode with network and try that way.

What is the model number by the way ?

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    Do they work on the POST screen and BIOS ?

The Windows recovery image likely does not have drivers for your USB. I’ll also hazard a guess your network doesn’t work. Not an unusual scenario and I’ve been there many times.

I usually boot the machine from a Linux boot USB key and copy the drivers across to the root of the hard disk. Then boot windows into safe mode and install the drivers.

You can also boot the machine to safe mode with network and try that way.

What is the model number by the way ?

Ken

The mouse when plugged in usb shows red light up until it goes to 1.14 min in the video. Then the red light goes away. They work in BIOS and POST screen. My Internet netaork works fine in all other devices and computers.
    Its Dell optiplex 790.

Do I just install the usb 3 drivers from the dell website(I cannot find them btw) and then put them into flash drive and then install them. Is there any video that shows this on youtube what you're trying to explain to me?

Again, thanks for the support.

• Advertisement

If I use a mouse and keyboard without a usb(i.e. The original cords) would it work then do you reckon?

That system originally came with Windows Vista or Windows 7. Not sure Windows 10 would have drivers for it out of the box.

Starting in Safe Mode should allow the USB to work. You could use the Windows 10 USB key you have to boot to the recovery console and from there you can restart the system in Safemode.

You will need to download the Chipset Drivers in order to get USB to work. Your computer uses the Intel® Q65 Express chipset. The drivers can be found here

Do you have a PS2 Keyboard handy by the way ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lubjilek

Now I have the same problem, after something happened, my wireless mouses stopped working. I can work only via cable mouses. I've no idea why

Advertisement