Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting mortgage for second house

• 18-06-2018 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello all,

wondering if anybody can help me with the following situation.

Myself and second half have a house in Mayo, there is 15 years left in the mortgage, the remaining mortgage is about 50k and house value is about 85-100k according to the local auctioneer.

I have found a work in Galway and we would like to move closer to the city due to long commute I have. I spoke to my bank about possibility of getting a second mortgage, we would need about 170-200k. As our combined income is about 47k annually and we have a small child, they said this would not be an option.

So I feel a bit stuck, we can we do?

Can anybody provide any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Difficult one. General rule of thumb is about 3.5 x salary which is €164,500 in your case. That's with no other loans. I think you may have to sell the Mayo house before you go again.

Advertisement