Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amending policy due to penalty points

Options
  • 18-06-2018 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I am insured with Liberty insurance and have 4 declared penalty points on my policy from two driving offences last year. But today I noticed that I actually have 6 penalty points as each offense had a 3 point penalty (I thought they carried a 2 point penalty each mistakenly). 

Therefore I have unintentionally lied on my policy, what should I do? Could my policy be cancelled for misrepresentation? If I ring to inform Liberty, will they simply charge me 
    more for the penalty point?

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

adamh765 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am insured with Liberty insurance and have 4 declared penalty points on my policy from two driving offences last year. But today I noticed that I actually have 6 penalty points as each offense had a 3 point penalty (I thought they carried a 2 point penalty each mistakenly). 

Therefore I have unintentionally lied on my policy, what should I do? Could my policy be cancelled for misrepresentation? If I ring to inform Liberty, will they simply charge me 
    more for the penalty point?

Thanks in advance,
    Adam
    Hi Adam,
    Could you PM us with your policy number and we will look into this for you.
    Thanks
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

How was this resolved?

Advertisement