Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a particular type of hinge

• 18-06-2018 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,
    I'm looking for a hinge to use on the side of a seat I am making to enable the back to fold down. It would need to be connected to the side of the seat base and back as opposed to the end (if that makes sense!). Any particular name for this type of hinge?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

something like this?

eco-butterfly-hinge.jpg?1478596943

Ladder hinge I think, not sure where you'd get them in Ireland though.
    I got some ages ago for a folding ladder somewhere in the UK but I honestly couldn't tell you where

EDIT : actually that image is from a shop in the UK :o

https://www.ladderstore.com/eco-butterfly-hinge-for-youngman-eco-s-line-loft-ladder-single

Hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

tomskimc wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a hinge to use on the side of a seat I am making to enable the back to fold down. It would need to be connected to the side of the seat base and back as opposed to the end (if that makes sense!). Any particular name for this type of hinge?

Thanks for any help.

You will find them under 'Card table Hinges'. There are lots of online sources - google is your friend.:rolleyes:

Advertisement